PLEASE FIND FULL REVIEWS FOR THREE PALMS COMPOUND BELOW-ALL OF THESE REVIEWS CAN ALSO BE FOUND ON Homeaway ( listing #34781)
Three Palms Reviews
181 S Higgins St, Port St Joe, FL, 32456, United States
Peter T. – North Carolina
Date of Stay: Mar 9-Mar 14, 2020
Indian Pass, Port St. Joe
Very quiet nice home very close to beach
Ashlyn L. – North Carolina
Date of Stay: Mar 9-Mar 14, 2020
Perfect Vacation at Three Palms
My friends and I absolutely loved staying at this property. The house was clean, renovated, spacious, and exceeded our expectations. My group of 12 adults enjoyed this house because of its enormous porches, comfortable bedrooms, super close access to the beach, and the wide backyard. The weather was perfect during our stay so having the pool and the kayaks truly spoiled us. The owners did a phenomenal job of communicating with us and making sure our group was having a great vacation. Any time I had a question or request, the owner quickly responded and answered with detail. I especially enjoyed how the owners accommodated my group’s arrival and departure plans. This property was wonderful and we wish to stay her.
Shane M. – Virginia
Date of Stay: February 4-February 12, 2020
BEST VACATION SPOT EVER!
Our family of 13 absolutely loved our 8-night stay at Three Palms in February 2020. Even though the weather was a tad bit cool for the pool and rainy part of the time, we still enjoyed every minute of it! This very large and spacious home had plenty of space, including beds, for each one of us! Most of the beds were quite comfy, with perhaps the exception of the trundle bed, which is probably used most often for smaller children anyway.
Some favorite things about the house:
– The LARGE upstairs great room with bunks. Wow! The weather was perfect for leaving the windows open at night and listening to the ocean waves and feeling the cool ocean breeze! Waking up in that room to the gorgeous sunrise was a highlight for our children!
– The porches! Wow! There is so much porch space, including a couple of completely screened decks with very comfortable seating! Beautiful ocean and lagoon views! Definitely a huge asset to this home!
– The shuffle board underneath the home was a big hit with the children, and Daddy enjoyed the fish cleaning station after the boys fished all day! They caught enough Whiting right on the beach to have a big fish fry our last night!
-Kayaks! The boys enjoyed kayaking the Lagoon to fish and even ventured across the bay to St. Vincent Island, which is quite closeby and within clear view, even from the upper deck of the house. (We would recommend asking a local the best time to do that since the current makes a difference in safety).
– The short and beautiful shaded stroll to the beach! Within 3 minutes, one can easily walk out the front door to the right and be on the beautiful, wide beach! Very few people were there, and we felt like we had a private beach most of the time. A short stroll the opposite direction places you right on the lagoon. A highlight of our stay was having a wienee roast and making smores right on the beach on a warm and very misty day!
We also enjoyed horseback riding in Cape San Blas just 10 minutes away (http://www.brokeatoe.com/) and visiting St. George Island State park and St. Joseph Peninsula where we were blessed to be at just the right time to see the sun setting and the gorgeous full moon rising over the water all in unison!
At the end of the day, we were all eager to return to our welcoming 3 Palms for dinner, relaxing, and watching old Lassie episodes on the big screen in the upper room where we spent most of our family time.
Indian Pass is such a gem. We felt like we had stepped back in time by about 50 years! A fishing/retirement/residential area where the folks are so friendly and helpful! A neighbor even rented us his golf cart for a much better rate than the rental places! Definitely our new favorite vacation spot. Would love to come spend a month next time!!!!
Date of Stay: January 15-January 23, 2020
My husband and I had the absolute pleasure of staying at the “Three Palms Compound” for our ten year wedding anniversary. I could write a lot of paragraphs about how amazing our experience was but I will try to cut it down to the most important (in my mind) notes. 1. The property owners are extremely kind and very thorough about making sure you are happy and enjoying your stay. We have rented a lot of homes and this was by far the best owner experience we have ever had. 2. The property is just as advertised; very clean, large, beautiful, extremely well stocked… the kitchen basically has everything you might need and more. We did not use the pool, as our stay was in January, but it definitely is a nice touch if you are traveling in the warmer months (PS. It was 70 degrees pretty much every day we were here, in January, so definitely consider heading this way in the “off season”). 3. This town is, without a doubt, the best kept secret in Florida (or in the USA). The people are very kind and it is one of the most easy going areas we have ever experienced. We have spent too much time in other gulf coast beach towns and have now decided that this is the only area for us. 4. This was most important to me but this town and these property owners are very dog friendly. I was in heaven being able to walk my two golden retrievers on the beach everyday, and meet local pets and their owners. I am so grateful to the Three Palms owners for being willing to have my golden children in their home. Again, I could keep on but the biggest point is that we left this amazing home and town, already trying to plan our next trip there. I hope y’all are lucky enough to be able to stay in this amazing home!
181 S Higgins St, Port St Joe, FL, 32456, United States
Derek and Shannon, Indiana
Date of Stay: October 12, 2019
Thank you Peter and Lydia for another wonderful vacation at three palms! It was as amazing as ever, you continue to provide the ultimate vacation experience and you absolutely think of everything one needs for a wonderful time, all the way down to the smallest details! Your property manager Kitty was awesome, making sure we had everything we needed and letting us know she is always a phone call away. Unbelievable a huge hurricane passed through this area a year ago! You would never know it at three palms. Peter and his crew restored it even better than it’s always been.
We could go on and on like how clean the property is always, the wonderful pool etc etc. Every time we start planning on a trip to Florida, it’s always three palms! We do not even bother looking elsewhere. When you find something so awesome every time, you don’t want to look any further than a burns management property!
Thank you for everything and treating us like family!
181 S Higgins St, Port St Joe, FL, 32456, United States
Kaye H – Dothan, Alabama
Date of Stay: December 9, 2019-January 4, 2020
While staying at Two Palms, we also rented Three Palms over the New Year’s weekend for our large family. It was perfect. The beach very close and quite lovely with many shells for the children to collect. A great place for a large gathering.
181 S Higgins St, Port St Joe, FL, 32456, United States
Ronald H. – Arizona
Date of Stay: August 10, 2019
This is a great place to go to for a vacation. The house is located in an older neighborhood which turns out to be a real asset because the houses are not on top of each other like most new neighborhoods. The house is very well maintained and the owners were wonderful at communicating with us to make sure we were having a good time and that everything was okay. The beach was clean without houses or high-rise buildings on top of it and it was not real crowded. We will likely return for another vacation.
181 S Higgins St, Port St Joe, FL, 32456, United States
Rachael B. – Alabama
Date of Stay: August 3-10, 2019
Great Family Spot-Beach Front/View
Three Palms is a great spot for a large family vacation. Having the private pool and shuffle board at the house was great and we played every day. Only our family and two others were all we could see on the beach– so nice for having kids with you. Felt like we had a private beach. Peter, Kitty and Candy were all so helpful and checked in on us during our stay to ensure all was well. Would recommend this place to anyone looking for a low key spot for a family vacation. Would stay again!
181 S Higgins St, Port St Joe, FL, 32456, United States
Melanie S. – Indiana
Date of Stay: July, 2019
Great Family Vacation!
We recently stayed at Three Palms with our extended family including four kiddos and it was amazing! Close access to the beach, which was not crowded, and the pool were highlights for the kids. The house had everything we needed for a great vacation. The owners and on site manager were very helpful both before and during our trip. We made lots of wonderful memories!!!
181 S Higgins St, Port St Joe, FL, 32456, United States
Karen K. – Tennessee
Date of Stay: July, 2019
We had a fabulous vacation. The house was excellently equipped with everything we could possibly need from kitchen cookware, beach towels and chairs, all the way down to sand toys for the g kids to enjoy! The house and pool were in great condition. The pool has been recently refinished and was beautiful. Kitty was exceptional in welcoming us,showing us around the house, even offering other personal svcs as needed. The beach is beautiful and very private, with the beach path being only one house away; very easily accessed, nice walk. The house is an easy drive, approx 20 min, to Appalachicola or Port St Joe city. Lastly, I want to give Kudos to Peter and Lydia Burns,Burns management. They have been the absolute best to work with, always responded quickly to any question or concern. Peter provided excellent information about the area for dining, fishing, etc.Would definitely revisit the area and stay at Three Palms! This is only my second VRBO vacay, THANK YOU Peter and Lydia for sharing your beautiful home and making this a super easy, enjoyable experience!
181 S Higgins St, Port St Joe, FL, 32456, United States
Melanie S. – Missouri
Date of Stay: Week of July 20, 2019
Everything from the very start was a wonderful experience for our family. Thank you so much for everything!! Peter, Lydia, and Candy were all fantastic. Look forward to staying with you guys again in the near future.
181 S Higgins St, Port St Joe, FL, 32456, United States
The McBryar/McIver/Morris Families
Date of Stay: June 22, 2019
Our family enjoyed another great vacation in the Three Palms home. This was our third summer vacationing on Indian Pass and we are already looking forward to our next. As a growing family, we’re always glad to know we have plenty of room at Three Palms. It really offers all the comforts of home – a fully stocked kitchen, grill, laundry room, two wraparound porches, and so much more. With a pool in the backyard and the beach a short walk away, this house really has something for everyone. Thanks again for the wonderful memories!
181 S Higgins St, Port St Joe, FL, 32456, United States
Date of Stay: July 4, 2019
Great house everything very professional and management was great!
181 S Higgins St, Port St Joe, FL, 32456, United States
Andrea H. – Chicago
Date of Stay: June 8, 2019
This place is wonderful with a pretty little town you must visit Mr.Burns (owner) gave so much great information in an email before the trip love the pizza at Joe Mama’s you must go and me being from Chicago and eating tons of pizza This is great pizza! Krazyfish Grille seafood is great and the Owl Cafe is a must wonderful food. When you have to grocery shop Piggly Wiggly is close by. The house has so much room everyone has their own room and bathroom you get 2 grills that worked out great for us and the pool is great and private with the fenced in yard we brought our Shih Tzu and Golden Retriever and they had a great time in the fenced in yard plus being at the beach. They also provided beach towels, chairs and 2 kayaks! The 2 washers and the 3 dryers were life savers for doing tons of laundry. Also when we were there it was in the low 90’s with extreme humidity and the house was always perfectly cool. Everyone made sure we had everything we needed or if we needed anything Candy and Kat were wonderful stopping by with tons of information and since my cousins birthday was when we were there Candy made a Homemade German Chocolate cake to die for, she will bake or cook anything for a very reasonable price. This was our private Paradise huge house, pool and beach is only a short 4 minute walk and so nice and private there was only 2 other family’s there whenever we were at the beach but they were further away so you literally had your own private beach!! Great family vacation hoping to do again in a few months. Peter and Lydia Burns and their staff ( Candy and Kat) have done a wonderful job with this place and supplying their renters with tons of info before the trip, thank you!
Chris and Jeanne K.
Date of Stay: April 19, 2019
Hey Peter, I just wanted to tell you what a great time we had staying at Three Palms over Easter week 2019 . It’s a perfect house for a family with kids. The Easter Bunny actually was able to find our kids in Florida and dropped off some candy . In fact we had a total of 5 kids ages 4 – 11 yrs old (2 boys and 3 girls) , plus 4 adults… and we still had 2 empty bedrooms! The kids quickly claimed the large room with the bunk beds and named it the kids “office”… adults needed an appointment if we wanted to come in after we spent the day on the beach. Which was fine by us! The pictures on the website does not do it justice… From the views from the screened in porch to the huge kitchen the house had everything we needed. The kids even used the pool even though it was only in the low 70’s. The best thing we did was to rent golf carts from your recommended place… we were able to explore miles of white sand beaches! Great memories and experiences! The house was clean and the beds were so comfortable. Thanks again and we will be coming back next year
Fri, Mar 22 – Sat, Mar 30, 2019
Could not be more pleased! Definitely recommend!!
We planned a vacation with three families. We all made a conscious decision to stay in the area after the hurricane if even part of the house/area was ok, to support the community and efforts and tourism there. We are so glad we did. I could write a book, so let me try to make it shorter. We were not sure what to expect when we arrived, considering, and I say this as an avid traveler, the house is the the most well stocked house I have ever stayed in. EVERYTHING you possibly could need is in this house. If you can’t find it, the manager, Candy will bend over backwards to make it happen for you. She arrived shortly after we did to walk us through, give us input on where to go locally, answer questions.. I cannot say enough great things about Candy. Each room was well kept and nice. The balconies around the house are such a nice touch, with a beautiful view to look at. The beach was incredible. NOT packed with people. It was vast and beautiful, pet friendly, people friendly…we had all the room we could ask for on the sand. We had a local company come and set up a little cabana for us each day for when the sun was too much, we rented a golf cart to ride to the beach, but please know that the tiny walk to the beach is a quick one and it’s a pretty little peaceful trail. So lovely to walk to the beach each day. The large kids room was a big hit for all of our kids. They all camped up there in the numerous beds and hung out together. The living/dining and kitchen areas are new and well kept and perfect for families to gather. The pool was perfect to come back to after the beach. The grills were ready to be stacked with delicious food and the two fridges held everything we needed to do so. Kayaks available (and used!) shuffleboard, a fish cleaning room (also used! Fishing was FUN!) One side of the balcony is screened in, so nice to keep the doors on that side open at night with no random little buggies able to get in. This house was truly incredible. There is not one thing we needed that we didn’t have or couldn’t get. I highly recommend this home for your next visit. Please visit the area and the surrounding communities as we did to help boost the recovery of these folks down there. The devastation was drastic and they are doing so well to repair and recover. They rely on our help to make that happen. THank you to Candy and Lydia and Peter Burns, who checked in to make sure we were doing well and had what we needed. We would definitely visit again!
04/02/2019 at 3:17 PM
You responded on 04/04/2019 at 5:14 PM
Melanie, Thank you for your enthusiastic and thorough review! You touched on so many of Three Palms Compound’s wonderful features and amenities. We thank you for your visit and support for us, and most importantly, your support of Gulf County!!!!!!! Candy is simply the best at adding value to our guests stay with us. She is the ultimate “Dream Merchant” and our most valued asset. She will do whatever it takes to fulfill your every wish. Do not hesitate to call upon her for anything!!!! Come on down to Gulf County and have the Best Vacation Ever! Thanks- Peter – Owner
Apr 8, 2019
The Forgotten Coast did not disappoint!!
181 S Higgins St, Port St Joe, FL, 32456, United States
Date of Stay: Mar 15, 2019
Our second stay at Two Palms and we loved every minute. So much room to spread out and relax. Many decks to choose from to enjoy sunrises and sunsets. You have everything you could need including 2 kayaks! But the best part of this house is location, location, location! You are just steps to the gorgeous beach and you practically have it to yourself. We brought our dogs and they love having the beach to themselves to run. The neighbors and locals are super friendly as is Candy, the manager. She goes above and beyond to make sure we had everything we need. She’s just a text away at any time. Port St. Joe, Cape San Blas, Indian Pass and Apalachicola are still beautiful even after the hurricane. We’d definitely stay here again. So much to do (or not do!!) Paradise!!
Erin, Thank you for coming back to Three Palms Compound, again! It has been a long time since your last visit (4 or 5 years). We are delighted ya’ll came back and had such a positive experience!! The Location is very special, and beach path is so close to house. And it is so huge and private, perfect for your Dog to frolic and play! Thank You for your kind remarks, and please visit us again soon! Peter B.-Owner
Apr 6, 2019
Great location. Great house. Great service.
181 S Higgins St, Port St Joe, FL, 32456, United States
Date of Stay
Mar 29, 2019
The house was everything we wanted and needed. Space for 14 and proximity to the beach. The beach is wide and clean. The owners were attentive and helpful. A great vacation spot!
Karen C. said…
Sep 2, 2018
Date of Stay: Aug 11, 2018
We had a fantastic stay at the Three Palms Compound. The pictures and description of the property on the website capture the house and amenities perfectly. The owners, Peter and Lydia, along with the property manager, Candy, go out of their way to make you feel welcomed and comfortable in their home. They are extremely responsive and willing to help with any questions/problems. Before our arrival, Peter, provided so much information about the area. It was like having our own personal “Welcome Center.” The owners and manager even checked in the day of arrival to make sure the house was up to our standards and clean. The property is very pet-friendly and our two weimaraners had a blast swimming and playing at the beach all week. The grounds and pool are very clean and well maintained. The house was clean, extremely spacious has everything you need, including fabulous views. The views on the 3-sided decks on each floor were peaceful and it was relaxing to sit anytime of the day and enjoy the breeze and views. It was a very short walk to the beach. Approximately 100 yards from the house and you find yourself on a huge, pristine, white sandy beach. Being so close to the beach and boat ramp provided numerous recreational opportunities (fishing, boating, kayaking, horseback riding, paddle boarding, to name a few). We spent our days exploring the area, at the beach, fishing, sitting by the pool and just soaking in the experience. We would highly recommend this property to a friend or relative and we cannot wait to return to the Three Palms Compound. Thank you Peter, Lydia and Candy.
Julia K. said…
Aug 22, 2018
Wonderful house with a wonderful location!
My family and I stayed at Three Palms Aug. 4-11th and had a fabulous time. We arrived a little early but Candy had the house ready and we were able to get in early. Candy took us on a tour of the house and was very helpful showing us where things were and how things operated. The house was very clean and well maintained. There were plenty of dishes, pots, pans and other things you would need while on vacation. There were even extra beach towels for us to use while there. We enjoyed early morning coffee and late evening beverages on the screened in porches. The walk to the beach was very manageable and close to the house. We rented a golf cart for the week and highly recommend doing so. One of the people in our group had a birthday while we were there and Candy made a birthday cake for us, which was delicious. We found Candy to be very helpful and available even if we had questions and she always responded promptly. Peter, the owner, also called to check in with us and gave great recommendations of things to do and see. We did go to the Raw Bar as recommended and loved it, a must go to if you are in Indian Pass. The pool was a nice change to the beach and sand. The pool was clean and well maintained as well. We hope to vacation at Three Palms again in the future! Julia K., APRN ________________________________________
July 27, 2018
Minda F. said…
Aug 2, 2018
Date of Stay:July 6, 2018
Our family had an amazing time and this house felt like home! The staff was available to help us and everything was stocked up. The house was very clean when we arrived and felt that the manager of the property made sure that we had everything that we needed. There is so much to do around this area, no way you can be bored. On days when we wanted to stay home it was great to have a nice pool to keep the kids entertained. I would very much recommend this house and will definitely be staying here again!!
Minda, Thank you for your kind comments! It was a pleasure having you and your family stay with us. We are so happy you had a great time.Hope you can come back! Regards-Peter- Owner
Tia R. – Indiana said…
Feb 21, 2018
Three Palms Compound was Outstanding!
Date of Stay: Nov 24, 2017
My husband and I enjoyed Three Palms immensely! The House, Layout, Amenities and Beach Location are fabulous. We love the area, it is definitely “Old Florida” at its best. No traffic or congestion and abundant wildlife everywhere. It is a perfect environment to just relax and kick back.
The “Compound” itself has so many wonderful places to promote fun and relaxation. We hung out at the pool with a fence that blocked the wind and wished we had more time to try the paddle boards. Between the ground floor/car port area and the two huge surround decks there are plenty of seating options! Waking up in the morning and looking out to see the trees and water was exhilarating. The star gazing at Night was unrivaled.
Each morning we would walk down the very short beach access path to the huge empty beach. We wished we brought our dogs as the house is pet friendly with doggie gates all over. The home was well stocked and super clean. Everything we could possibly need was in the home. The owner was very helpful and accommodating, a pleasure to work with. Because the Compound is so large we were worried about it being too big for just the 2 of us, however we found it to be quite a treat to have all that room and space! We would give Three Palms a 5 Star Rating of 5, and definitely come back and tell our friends and family about this very special beach getaway! Tia R. – Indiana
This review below was not posted on Homeaway.com because it was from a stay Oct. 27, 2016 at Three Palms Compound. It was posted on Facebook Oct. 1, 2017. This was NOT written by me and is word for word from Terri H
Sun, 10/01/17 at 1:05 AM
“I apologize for taking so long to write this review, but we have been enjoying our first year of marriage. With our anniversary date coming up, it is nice being able to reflect on our amazing trip to paradise. Our stay was October 27th-November 2nd 2016. First off I cannot even begin to describe the exceptional customer service we received from Peter & Lydia of Three Palms. My fiancé and I were looking for a house to have a small wedding reception at after our wedding on the beach & stay the remaining time for our honeymoon. I first emailed asking about Two Palms. I had my heart set on staying there. Lydia very promptly emailed me back to let me know that it was booked, but I should look at Three Palms. I was skeptical at first because I wanted a house that was beachfront, but I can honestly say that with the amazing views of the beach from Three Palms I felt like I was right on the beach & we had our very own pool. From the moment I started corresponding with the owner’s of Three Palms they went above & beyond their call of duty to answer any question I might have. For example, If I emailed asking for a picture of a certain room, Peter would email me a 360 degree video of the room. I had communicated with multiple owners & rental companies because it was after all our wedding & I wanted everything to be perfect. No one even compared to the exceptional customer service I revived from Three Palms. They let me know in the very beginning that they would do anything in their power to make this trip perfect. I had already organized everything we needed for our wedding, but Peter offered to help me with catering, photography, & even live music entertainment for the reception. I honestly felt if I would have asked him to help me get a plane so I could parachute in to the ceremony he would have made it happen! I know I am taking a lot of time talking about the wonderful customer service, but I believe it is very important & can make or break a vacation. So, on to the actual vacation. We were told to call Donna, the private concierge on our way. We were about three hours out & called her to make sure everything would be ready when we arrived. I could go on & on about the wonderful service we received from Donna. She made it very clear that she was here to help us with any & everything from questions about grocery shopping, golf cart rental, & driving our car on the beach. I loved her friendly personality & we connected immediately. You could tell that she truly liked helping people. I appreciated this quality in her, being a nurse I understand the need to help others & the joy you get from it. You can tell when someone sincerely likes helping others or doing it just because it’s their “job”. I promise you will not find another “Donna” from anywhere else you rent. The check in policy was very easy. We dropped off the deposit check at Donna’s house which was on our way to Three Palms. When we arrived at Three Palms it was love at first sight. I will not give you the details of everything because you can go to the website & see for yourself. The way the house is presented in the website is true to what it really is in real life. I don’t know about you, but I’ve looked at rental properties before online & arrived at the property only to find that the pictures did not represent the way the property looked now. The pictures were 10 years old or they didn’t show you everything. That is not the case with Three Palms. What you see on the website is exactly what you get. Within an hour of being at the house Peter stopped by to make sure we had everything we needed. He just happen to be visiting that week to make sure both houses were well maintained. He also gave us a tour of Two Palms later in the week & we loved it too. He was just as nice & willing to help in person as he was over the phone. The first night we were there we had 8 adults that were friends or family in the wedding party staying at the house. They were all amazed! Every single one of the 5 rooms had their own door to the balcony. Each quest had their own private balcony with beautiful furniture surrounding the balcony. All of the balconies connected to each other, so you could meet in the front & spend time together or have your privacy. This is perfect for traveling with multiple families. We spent the night on the balcony & out by the pool. It felt like we had our very own private resort. Waking up to the beautiful view in the morning was truly breath taking. We enjoyed breakfast out on the balcony. The kitchen was fully stocked with everything you could need. Walking out to the beach the next morning was something out of a dream. Early that morning there was not one person as far as you could see on the beach. It was like being on your own private beach. As the day went on there were more people on the beach, but not crowded in the least. We took our 12 year old bull dog with us on the trip & the beach is very pet friendly. He loved swimming in the ocean & running along the beach. The house had a food & water bowl for pets. Three Palms is a wonderful place for a wedding reception with so many seating options there is a place for everyone. Thank you so much for making our dream come true!”
Jill R. said…
Jul 6, 2017
We Had a Ball at Three Palms
Date of Stay:Jun 23, 2017
Six old time college friends spent a wonderful week at Three Palms! I can’t begin to tell you what a perfect house this is for a large party or a small one. One thing we always insist on is no roll away beds or inflatable ones ( we’re too old to sleep on lumpy beds), at Three Palms we not only had our own beds but all of the rooms came with their own bathrooms! It was very clean and came with just about everything you could imagine.The house was as close to the beach as you could get, the beach is white sand and pretty secluded. There are so many chairs outside on each porch that the whole group could sit outside and chat from different views of the water. We also used the outdoor shower every day after sitting on the beach. Peter and his staff, including Donna worked at making sure everything was in order. We’ll be back !!!! Jill
Janice B. said…
Jul 6, 2017
We Just Love Three Palms Compound!
Date of Stay: June 16, 2017
REVIEW: We just love Three Palms Compound! This is our 3rd year in a row at this special and comfortable “ Compound” , our stays just get better and better. We are never disappointed. The huge spacious area is always super clean and fresh. The owners are always very helpful and available, making them easy to work with. If you want a laid back vacation this a great location the Beach is right there and showcases “Old Florida” at its best! We loved the two stand up boards and having the huge empty beach right there at our leisure, and the POOL! There is even a shuffleboard court! We highly recommend and will be back next year! Date of Stay: June 2017 Janice B.
Sharon M. said…
Jun 8, 2017
4TH Great Year at Three Palms Compound
Date of Stay: May 26, 2017
We have stayed at Three Palms several times (4 I think). It is without a doubt one of the nicest rentals we have ever stayed in at the beach. With adult children and young grandchildren, it suits our needs to a T… large bedrooms with King beds and a bunk room for the kids. Space for everyone to spread out no matter what you want to do. There is a beautiful pool, grills and a place under the house to clean fish if you love to fish. And it is a very short walk to the beach to enjoy the sun and the sand. The house has a fully stocked kitchen, pots and pans, coffee maker, dishes, grilling utensils….you name it and you will find it. Marvelous decks surround the house if you want to read or enjoy your morning coffee outside this house is for you. There are doors from each bedroom to a deck area, so you don’t have to disturb the whole house to sit outside. 3 Palms is close to seafood markets and also close to the famous Indian Pass Raw Bar where you can enjoy shrimp, oysters and cold beer in a very laid back atmosphere. We also feel like the owners Peter and Lydia and also Donna are now part of our family . They call and check on you send emails with attachments of things to do or see, and Donna (the concierge) is a phone call away to help with anything from babysitters to making sure you are comfortable during your stay. The only thing I hate about 3 Palms is that we have to leave at the end of our vacation!!!! See you next year!!!!!!!
Suzanne K. said…
May 23, 2017
We love Three Palms
181 S Higgins St, Port St Joe, FL, 32456, United States
Date of Stay: Apr 21, 2017
My husband and I stayed at Three Palms recently with our two dogs and we had a wonderful vacation. We loved everything about this beautiful, extra clean, well maintained home with a nicely landscaped backyard and wonderful pool. We also loved the wrap around decks with great ocean breezes. They have shuffleboard and horseshoes as well, and very close proximity to the ocean with gorgeous beaches to walk for miles. This was truly a wonderful place and we highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great vacation. Peter the owner was great to work with, he was so nice and even showed us Two Palms which is their other gorgeous rental home right on the ocean. Donna the concierge was also very helpful. I cant say enough good things and we are looking forward to next year and hope to stay even longer
Gini C. said…
Apr 9, 2017
A delightful vacation spot!
Date of Stay:Mar 31, 2017
This was our 2nd year staying at 3 Palms for a family vacation of 11 people. The house is always immaculate upon arrival and has all the amenities anyone could want or need. The bedrooms are spacious and the floor plan is very open. We love the decks on each level with the views of the Gulf. The pool is great for the kids and we all enjoyed playing shuffleboard! The short walk to the beach is an extra plus and is great when carrying chairs, umbrellas, sand toys, etc. The beach is gorgeous and there were only 2 or 3 other families on the entire beach during our trip. My morning walks were so enjoyable as I met other people staying nearby and everyone was so friendly. I can’t say enough nice things about Peter and Donna! They go the extra mile to insure that you are happy with the house and check in often to see if anything is needed. I highly recommend this vacation rental to anyone and we have come to think of it as our home away from home.
- Cheryl A. said…Nov 12, 2016-Great October Trip!Date of Stay: Oct 7, 2016What a wonderful time we had at Three Palms Compound in October 2016! The house was perfect for our large crowd. The ladies, and my dog Lola, enjoyed the beach while the guys went out fishing each day. Since there’s no docks to leave the boat there was plenty of parking for the boat and all of our vehicles. My favorite thing about this house is that it’s pet friendly! Most rentals of a house this large is usually not pet friendly. You could not tell that a dog has ever been in this house. It was very clean and everything we needed was right at our finger tips. We will definitely be back!pam c. said…Oct 27, 2016quote from the kids “Best family vacation ever!”181 S Higgins St, Port St Joe, FL, 32456, United StatesDate of Stay: Sep 23, 2016I cannot say enough about Three Palms Compound. We take our family on a vacation every year. That’s three grown kids, their spouses, four grand girls, one grand dog and our puppy. They said this was the best family vacation yet. The each bedroom has it’s own bath. They think of everything even providing a real bar of soap! lol Not the hotel size. The upstairs room has four bunkbeds, is large with a large screen TV. The kids loved playing up there. Two masters upstairs, a small master bedroom downstairs and another bedroom with twin beds. The property was clean, kitchen Is large. We had everything we needed, even dog bowls! The pool was a must. It was so nice to be able to swim early in the morning or late at night. It was clean and they even had pool toys available for our use. Our typical day was grandkids up early, swim in the pool, eat breakfast, load up the truck and drive everything down the sandy road a short ways and unload our things for the beach. We’d stay for hours. Drive back and load up and go back to the beach house. The beach was practically ours except for some walking their dogs. We built a huge bon fire on the beach our last night, it was so enjoyable. I have to mention the owners Peter and Lydia Burns. They were quick to respond, so friendly and really wanted our time to be enjoyable. Their property manager, Donna Stuart, was awesome. They are very fortunate to have her. She can answer all your questions, even about the remote control! I would highly recommend this vacation home and would gladly visit again.Jacob W. said…Sep 7, 2016
- Date of Stay: July 16, 2016
- We had a wonderful time on our vacation at Three Palms! The house is beautifully maintained and we loved being so close to the beach. We had 8 adults, a 5 year old, three 3 year olds, and a 4 month old. There was plenty of room for all of us. The floor plan was very beneficial for all of our vacationers who had different waking and retiring hours. Due to their location, the bedrooms were quiet. We spent lots of time in the pool and enjoyed playing shuffle board with the 5 year old. The screened porch on the main level was a fabulous play to relax and review our adventures. Of course, we loved the beach as well! The water was perfect and the beach was gorgeous and almost like having our own private beach. We also visited Apalachicola for some shopping and dining. It’s a short half hour drive and the food was phenomenal! We also spent several hours at St. Joseph Park. The water and the sand dunes were amazingly beautiful! Some of our group took the kids to Gulf World in Panama City and both adults and children had a fun time. Donna and Peter were wonderful hosts! We would recommend Three Palms to our friends!
- Date of Stay: June 25, 2016
- Spent the week of my ” Medicare” birthday with fun loving family members. Ages ranged from 1 year old to 80! The best day WAS my birthday! Weather was perfect, house was ideal! Plenty of room to spread out . You MUST rent a Beach Cart from ” Denzie”…. service was excellent. The loggerhead turtles were nesting & we were on the beach before sunrise….saw tracks one morning & eggs the next! Had everything we needed to make big breakfasts & gourmet dinners. So much beach life….watch for signs of turtles, nesting birds and ankle chewing bugs – the only down part of our trip. Would love to return with 13 of my closest girlfriends….not all of our men were ” beach- friendly”????
Recommended for: Families with Young Children
- Vickie C. said…Jun 27, 2016
- Date of Stay: May 28, 2016
- I apologize to Peter & Lydia for being late with this review. Life has been hectic since we returned. Nine members of our family ranging in ages from almost 2 to almost 65 had plenty of room & enjoyed our week’s stay. Everything in the house was as described. Communication with the owners & Donna, the local property manager, was super through the entire process of booking the reservation to follow up after the stay. Donna contacted us on the day of arrival a little before 3:00 pm to let us know that the house would be clean & available for check-in at 3:00. Dropping off the deposit check & getting in the house was super easy & fast. We brought rainy day activities for the kids & knew that there was plenty of covered space on the ground level where they could play if it rained, but the weather was great all week with a nice cool breeze most of the time. Very quiet area! A typical day was mid-morning to early afternoon at the basically private beach, back to house for lunch/rest time, then pool time. On the breezy days, we flew kites on the beach (enough wind that even the almost 2 year old had no problem). We collected shells & did a craft with some of them. There was a little exchange library on the street that my daughter-in-law used. We only ate out twice! We highly recommend the Indian Pass Raw Bar just a few minutes down the road, especially if you like seafood; but they do have hamburgers & hot dogs. The fairly long wait on the porch for our table was a fun experience with recorded & live music & dancing courtesy of our grandchildren. They kept the crowd entertained!! Food was delicious & it was a very unique family friendly atmosphere! We also enjoyed a nice dinner at Sunset Coastal Grill in Port St. Joe & made some family pictures in their beautiful outdoor area. Preparing the rest of our meals in the spacious kitchen with room for several people to work went well. There were a few minor maintenance needs that we reported to Donna so that she could plan for repairs – nothing that required any repair while we were there. I would recommend that fruit & high water content foods be put toward the middle or bottom of the kitchen refrigerator. Some of the fruit we put on the top shelf froze. Looking back, we wish we had rented a golf cart for going back & forth to the beach. It was a nice walk & I definitely needed the exercise, but the sand was hot by afternoon & I was super tired by the end of the week. Would recommend this house
- Linda D. said…Jun 28, 2016
- Date of Stay: June 18, 2016
- We had 5 kids between 4 and 8 and 4 adults. The house was everything they said it would be. Very clean and the manager was wonderful to work with. All questions were answered promptly and much information shared of the area. Both my daughters said it was the best and most relaxing vacation we have ever taken. All enjoyed our close proximity to the beach. Many shells and sand dollars were found. The pool was great for late afternoon and even at night after our last walk on the beach of an evening. We will definitely return.
- Gary B. said…Jun 21, 2016
- Date of Stay; JUNE 11- 2016
- There were 14 of us and this beach home worked out beautifully. We had 8 adults plus 6 children and had plenty of room. Prior to our vacation week the owners provided an abundance of information so we could prepare and plan for our stay. They were wonderful to work with. Also, while at the location, Donna, who lives just a few miles away from the beach house, is available to assist in anything you might need. The house was very clean upon arrival, as the cleaning people do an excellent job. We did not leave the area very much so I don’t have a lot of suggestions for restaurants and other activities, because why leave? With just a short walk to the beach and a wonderful pool in the backyard, and shuffleboard and horseshoes, why drive around? The pool is something to think about if you are considering a beach house rental. If you have a choice, rent a home with a pool. The beach is great, but every day after the beach, the kids (and adults) enjoy relaxing in the pool. And if weather ever gets in the way of going to the beach, the pool is always there for you. In summary, we had a terrific week at Three Palms and would absolutely recommend it.
- Brenda B. said…Jun 15, 2016
Josh S. said…May 30, 2016
- Date of Stay: June 4, 2016
- This was perfect for us, we had 7 adults and three children, the kids absolutely loved the upstairs bunk bed room with the big tv! The property is described accurately, it was clean and well maintained, and knowing that we could contact Donna if we needed, was a plus. Fortunantly, we did not need to contact her. I talked to Peter several times before our trip, he was very helpful in sharing information in regard to Indian Pass beach (which is beautiful and feels like you are on your own private beach), activities, stores and restaurants in the area. Peter also called to check up on us to make sure everything was going ok. It is a short walk to the beach, but once there it is an absolutely awesome beach! The pool was a perfect plus, after spending most days at the beach we would come back and spend more time in the pool. My son and his family spent much of their time fishing and bicycling, as well as swimming. My daughter and her family spent a day kayaking with kayaks which they rented from the trading post. We ate at the Indian Pass Raw Bar (which was fabulous) and also went into Port St. Joe one day for lunch where we bought some fresh oysters and scallops to cook for appetizers that evening at the house. I thank Peter and Lydia for their fabulous customer service and the rental of Three Palms Compound! WE had a wonderful time and made many good memories. I would absolutely rent again and highly recommend this property.
- Date of Stay: May 14, 2016
- We traveled to Three Palms in the middle of May. Before our arrival Peter contacted me by phone to give me tips on places to go and things to do, which was extremely beneficial. The property was perfect for our large family (parents, brothers, sister, girlfriends and children). The property is very close to the beach, but the pool was an amazing alternative when we didn’t want to get packed up for the ocean (our children are young). The house was very clean and taken care of very well. Donna checked in with us on our first day and before the end of our stay. Peter also checked in with us towards the beginning and end of our stay. We would absolutely stay at 3 Palms if we head to the PSJ area again. Tip for travelers, Apalachacola (20 minutes south) is one of the coolest little towns I have ever been in. Try and spend time in it’s restaurants, shops and walking around.My Response:Thank you Josh! We are delighted you and your family had a great time. The combination of having the Beach so close and a private pool is a tremendous feature of Three Palms Compound. We can provide additional Videos and Photos of the Beach Path and Huge Empty Beach. We want folks to know what they are getting, so their only surprises are pleasant ones. And families will be wonderfully surprised how Comfy, Spacious and yet, Intimate the Compound is. There are over 50 Outdoor Seating areas between the Pool, Barbecue Area, Shuffle Board Court, Horse Shoe Pit and the Two Huge Surround Decks. And yet, you can be sitting on Upper Deck, sipping your favorite beverage enjoying the panoramic views of the Gulf of Mexico, while the pool is full of kids and not even know they are in the pool. Peace and Serenity. Old Florida at its Best. We agree Apalachicola is a phenomenal Little and Quaint Town nestled right on the Apalachicola Bay and River. There are cute shops and the Nautical Museum is very cool. My favorite restaurant in the whole Forgotten Coast is there. (The Owl Café). We look forward to you and your family returning soon. Thanks!
- Derek B. said…May 27, 2016AWESOME!!!
- Date of Stay: May 7, 2016
- Great house, great location, best access to Beach in Cape San Blas for not being directly on beach, private beach overall, there were times we didn’t see anyone in sight for as far as we could see in any direction! Loved screened in porches. Loved pool, loved it all! Best vacation in 20 years! We’ll be back for sure.My Response:Derek, thanks for your time and effort in submitting a review. We are so happy ya’ll had such a nice time and appreciated all the benefits Three Palms Compound has to offer. We try to share with people how the home is a cross between a Gulf Front Home and Gulf View but with a pool. It is a more reasonably priced Vacation Home than you will find with a Gulf Front and Pool Home. Plus it has so many extras to enhance your vacation experience. You got to experience the full pleasure of having a palace that sleeps 14, for just your wife and your dog. Some folks think that The Compound is too big for 2-4 people, but is a real treat to have so much space and room to relax in and to have your private Concierge to assist with all your vacation needs. Why not live like Royalty for a week? It is all about the Beach down here and we are right on the beach! The Beach Path is just a few steps away from the driveway. Check out our website for photos and videos of the Beach Path and the Beach. And the Beach is HUGE and even in the high season you will find that it is nearly empty. Old Florida at its Best! After the Beach it is so great to hang by the pool and enjoy all the seating areas and activities with the cool breezes blowing in. Three Palms Compound has the best of both worlds, the Gulf of Mexico and your very own private poo. It is the perfect venue for small or large families to create memories that will last a lifetime.
- Gini C. said…Apr 26, 2016
- Date of Stay: April 2, 2016
NOLA said…Apr 8, 2016
- We booked Three Palms to Celebrate Our oldest daughters 10th Anniversary. It’s an Amazing Place right off the Cape San Blas key, with stunning “almost all to yourself” beaches. The home is spacious with the 5 bedrooms really accomadates the family nicely. We Kayaked, Paddle Borded & Biked the area with plenty to do, enjoying the local dinners drive-ins & dives We recommend The Oyster Bar just up the street. Folks are friendly and really look out for You while visiting the Cape.
Gunner K. said…Mar 22, 201
- Date of Stay: March 26, 2016
- Highly recommend this property for a relaxing vacation. Upon arrival the house was as described and very clean. It is a great, quiet location, with very nice views of the gulf and the beach from the third floor balcony. The views are not quite as good from the second floor but are still noteworthy. The beach was great with lots of open areas and shells. We used the location for a family get together/vacation. My wife, our three adult sons and their families felt right at home. The house accommodated us easily, and provided lots of room and the ability to find a quiet place and read if you wanted, or gather for games or other activities. We ended up spending more time in the house because the weather didn’t cooperate very well, but the house let us still enjoy ourselves and not feel cooped up with the extensive balconies and ground floor area. We all enjoyed the shuffleboard area and the pool. We didn’t have a reason to see Donna, but she was available when we had questions. She also made my five year old granddaughter extremely happy when she recovered her American Girl Doll that was left behind. We had all looked to make sure we did not leave anything, but we didn’t look under the blankets on the top bunk… We were 3 hours away when it was realized that the doll had been left and we had a very sad little five year old, my daughter in-law called Donna to the Rescue and she took care of mailing the doll to my granddaughter — THANK YOU DONNA!!! The owner was great all through the process, with emails and follow-up phone calls. You can tell he really wanted to make sure everyone had a good time at Three Palms! There are lots of things to do in the area, or you can just relax. It doesn’t get much better than that……My Response:Thanks for your Kind Comments. We are so happy you folks were still able to really enjoy your Vacation by Being at Three Palms Compound and discover what a great place it is to relax, spread out and enjoy all the wonderful activities, including long family Shuffle Board games that were protected from the rain underneath the Carport. God knows the weather was really lousy, which is usually an aberration down there. While we haven’t figured out how to control the weather just yet……you folks seemed to be Teflon Coated. You weren’t going to let a little rain stop you from having fun on your vacation!At Three Palms Compound you have so much room and options with the Two Spacious Covered Decks with portions screened in, you are protected from the elements and are great for reading and nap taking and just general privacy. The really big feature of Three Palms Compound is the Ground Floor Carport and protected areas with tons of furniture and seating areas. It really is its own separate floor or living space. The Shuffle Board Court is under the Carport and Protected from the elements allowing for special family memories that can last a life time. It also has plenty of seating and table areas. The Gas Grill and Charcoal Grill are also under the carport and protected from the elements. The Outdoor Shower is protected as well. The Fence around the Pool protects guests from strong wind conditions making much more bearable with tough conditions. With all the T.V,’s, Free WIFI and the huge T.V. in the great room there is tons of spacious room for large extended families to relax and spread out. The Compound is really set up with tons of features and benefits that turn a poor weather vacation into a Spectacular one! We get lots of sensational comments about it.Finally, we were so glad we found your daughters very special doll and mailed it back to you. Seeing the photo of her reunited with her doll was Priceless. That is what Donna, our Concierge, is all about………Taking Special care of our Burns Management Beach Vacation Rentals Family. This is not the first time she has made special arrangements to return items that have been left behind.She takes care of our guests even when they have returned home. We take pride in the large # of returning families we get year after year by making the stay at the Compound so special and service second to none. We will promise you a memorable Vacation even if the weather doesn’t always co-operate. Come on Down! PJB
- Our trip to the Three Palms Compound was above and beyond our expectations! As a group of young adults we were able to enjoy the luxurious amenities the house included as well as the beautiful beach just steps away. Minutes after booking our stay we were provided with confirmation and welcoming phone calls and emails greeting us for our upcoming vacation. This included lots of information of the surrounding towns, fishing, boating, and many other activities to enjoy in Florida. When we first arrived the manager met us at the house giving us a tour and explaining any extra information to make our stay perfect. Both the manager and owners made it clear that they would do anything to make our stay the best they possibly could. Just a short drive down the road we were in the town of Port St. Joe which included the grocery stores, locally owned seafood restaurants, and other stores that had what we needed for our week stay. We tried multiple restaurants which were spectacular to everyones taste buds. The house included many activities for fun such as shuffle board, horse shoes, the pool, and other great things for entertainment for all. Each adult bedroom had their own bathrooms which was great when everyone was getting ready for an evening out to dinner. The neighbors were very welcoming to us through the week and constantly struck up conversation on the beach or even if they were strolling past the house. We couldn’t have asked for a better vacation here in Port St. Joe! We definitely plan to return in the near future.My Response:Thanks for your kind remarks! We are so glad you folks had a great time and enjoyed all that Three Palms Compound and the Beautiful Forgotten Coast provide. Most folks refuse to allow “young adults” to rent from them and while we won’t just rent to anyone…….with proper “Vetting” we have had good experiences with most young adults. These folks were very honest and forthright. They willingly offered references and to pay a more substantial Refundable Security Deposit. Three Palms Compound is in a wonderful and quaint, little residential area. It sits right at the beach and is mostly populated with primary home owners, with a few rentals. We ask our visitors to respect the neighbor’s privacy and be aware that noise can carry very far, particularly at night time. .We respectfully ask that they bring music playing and large group activities inside by 11:00 PM. This is NOT the place for large parties with “all nighters”. However, if you are looking for a very laid back and peaceful beach retreat in an “Old Florida” come on down to Three Palms Compound where you will be treated with “Four Seasons” service and your very own private concierge! These “young adults” were welcomed and appreciated by all our neighbors. Some even called us to let us know what wonderful guests these folks were and that they would be welcomed back anytime. Thank You! -Peter B.
- NOLA SAIDMar 15, 2016
Michelle V. said…Jan 31, 2016
- Date of Stay:February 16, 2016
- We booked our vacation very last minute, and Peter, the owner of Three Palms, was most accommodating. Not only did he ensure our booking was handled painlessly, but he also gave us a great deal as a last minute rental. He was also wonderful at ensuring we had some much needed staples as we arrived after 2 days of driving from Canada. Donna, the local concierge, was in touch with us several times to ensure all was good and she provided superior customer service. The Great: – The beach, where we could walk our dogs for hours without seeing more than a handful of other people. Very peaceful and relaxing. – The balconies and screened-in verandahs at Three Palms, where we spent many an hour reading books, and just enjoying the solitude. – The fenced yard, ideal for the dogs – The stars at night are fantastic. Walked down to the beach (scary in the pitch dark) and just were in awe of the night sky. – The customer service provided by the owners and the concierge The good: – The area is very peaceful and quiet, so great for relaxing. The ‘could be improved’: – The furniture in the living room is due for an upgrade. The sofa/loveseat/chair all need to be replaced in our opinion – no longer comfortable and quite tattered, so we didn’t spend any evenings in that room. – The carpeting upstairs is very stained (I assume some people have had dogs who are not housetrained) and should be replaced with either new carpet or tile. Now, since we booked very last minute we didn’t do our usual research, we found the location a bit too isolated from shopping and golf courses, but again, that has nothing to do with Three Palms. We usually golf every second day while on vacation in Florida, but found the drive to good courses to be more than an hour each way so didn’t get in as many rounds as we would have liked. We would definitely recommend this house to any group – large or small – looking to relax, enjoy the beach, and kick back Old Florida style.My Response:Thank You for taking the time and energy to submit a review. We always like to be aggressive with our pricing, especially in late fall and winter. We are very generous with Pricing when it comes to LAST MINUTE PRICING. We would rather get some rental revenue than zero and leaving it vacant. We still got to pay the monthly mortgage and services. This nice couple from Canada, didn’t appear to have a problem with the size of the Compound and that it sleeps 14. A lot of folks have shied away from renting a large beautiful place like Three Palms because it is: “Too Big for Them”, or “Too Much House” for their needs. Don’t be scared away if you are just a couple or a few people. It is not like you have to clean more. You just have more space to spread out and enjoy! Live like a KING or QUEEN for a week! Come on down and spoil yourself, why settle for a smaller place when for the same price you can have it all! Thanks for your input on the living room furniture! We are redecorating and replacing the furniture with new and updated ones this Spring 2016. We are also going address the carpets. The area is VERY “Old Florida and Beachy” and while there is a decent, reasonably priced local Golf Course 5-10 minutes away, this is NOT really a golfer’s paradise. We don’t get many people down here whose main priority is golf. There is a fabulous and beautifully well-kept golf course called St. James Bay in Lanark, near Carrabelle. Views of the Gulf and gorgeous scenery less than an hour away. The drive along Highway 98 is all along the Gulf and very scenic. Don’t shy away from the size of Three Palms Compound! – Thank You- Peter B- Owner
- Beautiful Quiet Home. For such a huge home, it really has a nice, warm, inviting ambiance and the owners have filled it with anything you could possibly need for your comfort. Everything was clean and updated. The manager was dilgent in insuring we had everything we needed too. We loved the enclosed pool area which kept the dogs safe from running off if they (I) needed a few minutes of unsupervised sun time. Super nice neighborhood too and just steps to the white sandy beach with almost no other occupants. Owners were fantastic & willing to work with me on an incredible rate during my off-season stay. Highly recommend this home for family vacations, romantic get-a-ways or even quite business trips. -M .My Response:Thanks so much for your Review and kind comments! We are so happy you found Three Palms Compound so enjoyable and relaxing. Especially since you were by yourself and your two dogs. You seem to fully understand the subtle and obvious features and benefits that Three Palms Compound offers guests, whether with a Group of 14, or simply by yourself. The bottom line is that whether you are by yourself or a couple, or a family of 14, this fabulous vacation home has everything you need to experience “Old Florida” with all the comforts you need to totally relax and unwind.To enhance your vacation experience, we have our own private Concierge, Donna, who will direct you to the exciting activities that await you in Gulf County and Cape San Blas. Whether it is bike, kayak, fishing charter, horseback riding on the Beach or scalloping in St. Joe Bay, Donna will be there to help make it happen. Want the best restaurants? Best places to get fresh shrimp, oysters and fish…….ask Donna. Most of all we got your back! Donna has brought over Toilet Paper at 10:00 P.M. and even taken guests to the emergency room. We will treat you like family and while we “can’t promise that a problem may not present itself……we do promise to immediately begin working on solutions to that problem!”The Summer Season is very busy; we sometimes book up to 1 year in advance. The “Off Season” is really a great opportunity to experience Three Palms Compound and all the area has to offer. Not many families of 14 can put together a vacation in the off season, so are VERY price competitive in the “Off Season”. DON’T BE INTIMIDATED BY THE SIZE of Three Palms Compound! Treat yourself like a King or Queen and come with a small group, a couple or even by yourself. Just because it sleeps 14, don’t be put off or scared. COME ON DOWN!!!! As the review above says, “WE WILL GIVE YOU A GREAT DEAL!” Thank You!!!!
- Kye W. said…Oct 14, 2015
- 181 S Higgins St, Port St Joe, FL, 32456, United States (3478108)
- Date of Stay: October 14, 2015
- Peter and Lydia’s place at this location has it all! These guys have such a wonderful home here in Indian Pass, with perfect access to the shore. Easy walk to what feels like your own private area on the Gulf. Home is well appointed with great sized master bedrooms and fantastic great room on the upper floor. Having two masters, each with it’s own bathroom, worked great for 2 independent travelers…neither of which had to settle for the non-master bedroom. I loved that every bedroom had it’s own exterior door. The pool MADE the trip!! And the exterior access for grilling and hanging out was perfect!! The rental was clean and ready for relaxing. The concierge service was prompt…had we asked for anything, I truly believe Donna would have helped us get it. She certainly provided golf cart info and her willingness to help was unmatched. This home seems big and might even seem like too much for just 2, but, we absolutely loved having the space, the location, the kind staff, and as I already said…the pool. Excellent!!
My ResponseThank you very much for your comments and feedback! Three Palms Compound is Huge and can accommodate large families, but you folks, a party of 2 , hit the nail on the head. Three Palms can be a tremendous experience for couples or small groups as well as 14 people. Most folks see that it is Huge and shy away from it; “We don’t need that large of a house”. However, the way to look at it is : “Wow what an Unbelievable opportunity to have this huge house all to ourselves!” The thing to keep in mind is that in the late fall, winter and early spring we will be VERY competitive with our pricing especially compared to 2 BDR condos or houses. We would rather have SOME rent than NO rent! Give us a shot. The house in phenomenal as is the area, There is absolutely no one around during the off season. Come try out a week and see if you want to have a huge family reunion in the summer.$4,000 versus $1,200 , winter vs Summer. Plus you have all the Four Season Service we provide at Burns Management Beach Vacation Rentals. Our Redneck Concierge/ Manager , Donna, will take care of all your vacation needs. Read our reviews we have a very special rental experience. This area is definitely “Old Florida” at its best. Pristine, unspoiled, peaceful and most of all relaxing. Sleep in one of the 5+ Bedrooms. Try a different one every night. Each BDR has its own private door that opens out to gorgeous decks with tons of comfortable seating to enjoy the awesome vistas of the Gulf of Mexico and the brightest stars you will ever see .There are over 50 seating areas outside the compound. Bring your dog, the whole area is totally Pet Friendly and they will love it! Private Bath and T.V. in each Bedroom. Why settle for a small , cheap accommodations with no service and attention when you can live like a King and Queen in a fabulous Compound with Pool and Concierge Services. We promise to take VERY good care of you and make this one of the best vacations ever! This is a GREAT value give us a call! You will find yourself getting lost in the compound at times. Shuffle Board Court and Horse Shoe pit to keep you entertained. Go ahead and spoil yourself and don’t be scared away by the size of the Compound and take advantage of this very special pricing we have in late fall, winter and early spring!! Come on Down and experience “Old Florida”. Thank You- Peter- OwnerJames H. said…Oct 11, 2015
- 181 S Higgins St, Port St Joe, FL, 32456, United States (3478108)
NOLA said…Oct 7, 2015
- Date of Stay: October 2, 2015
- My wife and I just returned from our visit to Port St. Joe where we stayed at the Three Palms Compound. Mr. Burns made our reservation process super easy and the concierge (Ms. Donna) was more than helpful. The home is literally just a hundred steps from the beach and when you first step foot inside, you’ll see how spacious and “beachy” it really is. The private pool (with privacy fence) is awesome, and there’s more deck space and screened in porch space than we imagined. There is outdoor seating galore, with two BBQ grills and a screened-in fish cleaning station. The kitchen is huge and incredibly well stocked. All in all, we made a great choice in deciding to stay at Three Palms and next time we make it to Port St. Joe, it’s where we’ll stay again, but next time, we’ll bring a dozen family members with us and they’ll all have room to sleep! WARNING: If you don’t like quiet walks on the beach with great shell hunting available to you and lovable dogs to greet you from time to time, then you may want to stay at a high rise condo in Panama City. 🙂 Mr. Burns told us that this was “old Florida” and now that we’ve been there, we understand what he means. It’s as laid back as you are gonna find in today’s hectic, fast-paced drive-through lifestyle that we now live in. People speak to you on the beach, dolphins are regularly seen, birds are everywhere, and you can start an unbelievable shell collection after only one trip. All that said, the beaches are not “powered sugar white” like they are in Destin, but then there’s not hundreds of people walking up and down the beach either. You gotta give a little to get a little more.
- 181 S Higgins St, Port St Joe, FL, 32456, United States (3478108)
Anonymous said…Sep 18, 2015
- Date of Stay: August 31, 2015
- Our family had a wonderful vacation stay at Three Palms Compound in the Cape San Blas/ Port St. Joe area. The house is lovely: spacious, modern and loaded with extras and every possible amenity. There are multiple sitting areas and “hang outs” throughout the Compound. There are screened in porches and open ones as well. We would sit up on the second deck looking at the Beach and Gulf of Mexico with our favorite beverage, and there would be a group of family in the pool area and we had no idea they were there! So many comfortable seating areas and an extra refrigerator on the ground floor for our group. The furniture is nice throughout and quite upscale for a Florida beach-house. Each upstairs bedroom has its own private Bath and its own access to the porch/deck , so we could be private if desired. The huge kitchen and common room downstairs promoted mingling and vacation-fun and the beach is visible from almost every room.The outside area is really special. On one side is a sunny, welcoming deck with its immaculate and refreshing swimming pool with loads of comfortable lounge chairs; on the other side of the house is a huge area with both gas and charcoal BBQ, lots of chairs and tables plus a huge screened-in area with two stainless steel sinks and huge wooden cutting board for cleaning fish. This area is shaded and the cool Gulf of Mexico breezes provide a natural cool “Air Conditioning” effect. There is also a horseshoe pit and shuffleboard area: something for everyone. This whole ground floor area is like having an extra floor of living space!It’s thirty paces’ walk to the beach path and the shimmering Gulf is very short distance from there. The beach was deserted, pristine and Huge. We’ve vacationed in other seaside locales around the country and found this to be the nicest of them all, by far. “Old Florida” at its Best! Our kids explored, played and swam for hours on end and never wanted to leave. Our group caught a ton of fish on shore and the fishing charter we rented. The service-oriented, friendly owner has a full-time concierge who went above-and-beyond the call to ensure that our vacation experience was maximized. Whether it was advice on which local seafood restaurant to visit, what activities were available or providing some extra beach chairs, Donna was knowledgeable and very helpful. She is a real Gem! We look forward to making Three Palms Compound an annual event for our family!!!!!
- Paradise Vacation!!!
- This was the best possible vacation rental anywhere- not just in Port St. Joe! The Burns Management is so easy to work with and was beyond accommodating and flexible for our group. The rates are very inexpensive for the house you get and especially for such a quiet and secluded location so close to the beach. The house itself was so much room and even more open and spacious than the pictures show. It was very clean when we arrived – more than any other vacation rental we’ve stayed at before. Donna, the local manager, was easy to contact and accommodating even with our very early morning arrival. Overall we had just a wonderful and relaxing experience and will definitely be going back.
Patrick K. said…
Date of Stay: August 15, 2015
vanessa s. said…
- This home was wonderful. The house was nice and clean and had all the amenities that we needed. The beach is just about 2 minutes away, but if you don’t feel like going to the beach the pool in back offers great relief. The home was spacious and the decks are screened so you don’t have to worry about bugs. We saw dolphins on multiple occasions and enjoyed a nice fire on the beach our last evening. The owners were very professional and courteous and I would certainly recommend Three Palms to friends and family.
Anonymous said… Aug 4, 2015 Cape was Nice Date of Stay: July 11, 2015 We had a wonderful experience this summer. While we have spent the last 14 years doing vacations at various locations, we had never experienced the attentiveness that we received from this vacation. From the time we arrived to the time we left, we were thrilled with the home, the amenities, the array of things to do and see. The local restaurants, the shopping, the area were all we could have hoped for. The home was very well appointed, comfortable and inviting. There were 14 of us and no one ever felt like they were being intruded upon or crowded out. the pools most inviting, and was also a place to relax. The owner and the manager both checked on us to make sure everything was as expected. This had never happened in the other rentals we had occupied. It was very reassuring that they cared about our having a good visit. And we did! We will be back. Thank you again, for a wonderful relaxing memorable time.
- Jul 26, 2015-
- We stayed at Three Palms in July of 2015. The house was immaculate. The kitchen was well-equipped and everything in the house was in good working order. We had 6 adults and 4 kids. There was so much space! Each bedroom has its own bath, television, and door to the balcony. Privacy was easily maintained but gathering in the living room and dining room area was comfortable and enjoyable. Parts of two balconies are screened in which made eating outside at the table enjoyable. Donna, the manager and Peter, the owner checked on us often to make sure we had everything we needed and were always available if we had any questions. We had planned to go to several places but ended up just staying at the house because there was so much to do there. Shuffleboard was more fun than I imagined it could be. There is a horseshoe pit and the pool is wonderful! We spent a lot of time on the beach which is just a few minutes away. We saw stingrays and dolphins, had campfires on the beach and walked a lot on the clean sand. The sunrise is breathtaking! We did go out to eat on several evenings, there is a good choice of restaurants in Port St. Joe. We loved every minute we spent at this beautiful house and hope to do it again.
- Jul 15, 2015
- Title says it all, great house, great pool, great destination,great vacation. Now that I have time to reflect on our 2015 family vacation I will give it an A+. There was plenty of room for all 11 of the 14 invited, nobody was unsatisfied with their assigned space, our college and teens loved the loft space. A big plus are the mirrors besides those in the baths…lots of girls fixing hair and primping. The kitchen is well stocked, we cook in a good bit and only pulled out the tea maker( we are southern and drink lots of sweet tea) and food processor that we packed from home. We spent plenty of evenings on the screened porches and the front porches are great for early morning coffee.The eating places that where recommended by the hosts were very good and the waiting was minimal or non existent for the week before July 4th. Maybe I should add a hint here, if you eat at the raw bar, stop by earlier and ask for a place on the waiting list, go home for the wait and zip back about 30 minutes before the wait time is over. Our fishermen and kayakers’ thoroughly enjoyed the ocean and the bay. They made a day trip to a crystal spring park near Vernon that was a highlight of their week. If we felt any disappointment with the beach, since you are farther down the coast the water is less clear and green, it did not hamper our use or enjoyment, it was just different. We made a visit to the town of Port Saint Joe and enjoyed browsing the small shops and antique stores. Donna is a excellent concierge and is ready to help in any way needed (we arrived very late an she personally lead us out to the house so we didn’t have any trouble finding it in the dark) and when we met Andy he became a great photographer for our departing photos in front of Three Palms. All around everyone gave a thumbs up, I have a family that would love to return again to Three Palms and Port St Joe. Three Palms not only lives up to its web description but, was even better in real time. Jenny Walker, Birmingham AL
- Murphy said…Jul 15, 2015
- Date of Stay: July 4, 2015
- We had plenty of room and lots to do. Books, games, the pool. Beautiful. Good places to eat and the beach was only a few steps away. Saw dolphin and collected shells and sanddollars also. Everyone had a great time. Thank you.
- Allen T. said…Jul 1, 2015
Anonymous said…Jun 14, 2015:
- our stay at three palms was the best ever we had plenty of room for our family .the house was so spacious the pool was very nice . every thing we needed was there house was very clean and peter was very nice and helpful. we will be back to three palms next year. thanks again peter for a great time with family.
- We will be back!
Judy said…Jun 9, 2015Great Beach, Comfortable Home
- Date of Stay: May 23, 2015
- Second year we have stayed in 3 Palms and there will be a 3rd. Anything and everything you could want is there. Large enough for our adult children and more. Would be a great couples retreat also. Every bedroom has its own bathroom and balcony area! Not far from the sandy beach and a wonderful at the house also. If you fish there is a cleaning area with sink, and it is screened in also. You cannot ask for more personal attention from the owners Peter and Lydia, and the local manager Donna. I really feel like they are family. Over the years we have rented numerous houses/ condos and other than picking up the key I never heard from anyone the entire process of renting. This experience is sooo different , phone calls, emails, texts from Peter not only before arriving but checking in to see if we need anything . While we enjoy sitting by the pool or on the beach, there are numerous activities in the area from fishing to horseback riding. Good restaurants and local seafood shops if you want to cook your own. The weather this year was perfect, a glorious relaxing vacation! I have already referred friends and families to this house. See you next year 3 Palms
Anonymous said…May 8, 2015
- Date of Stay : May 30, 2015
- If you are looking for a quiet place to get away from it all, this is it. Short walk to a secluded beach; it was like we owned it. Huge seashells! Dolphins! Had it all. No noisy multi-units around. House also has nice pool. Home was comfortable and well-maintained. Owner and manager were wonderful to work with. We were a family of nine in all. Four were my grandchildren, and they had a blast. Older two loved the fishing! It is a bit of a drive to restaurants, but well worth it to stay here.
Recommended for: Families with Young Children, Pet-friendly, Girls Getaway, Age 55+, Families with TeenagersMy ResponseThank you for your kind remarks about the area and the house. We are so happy yall had such a great time. It is a VERY special area. Kudos go to Donna for letting your family use her fishing gear and that they enjoyed using the fishing stuff. There are a bunch of restaurants close by, and I am sorry that you didnt ask Donna or me about restaurants, we would have been delighted to assist you in locating several nice places. The one good feature about Three palms Compound, is that we have 2 huge refrigerators so you can stock up on tons of food and supplies. And of course, having a gas grill and charcoal grill can help hustle up some great food. We strongly recommend future guests to not be shy about asking Donna or myself for anything you may need or want. We are Dream Merchants and live to make our clients dreams come true. No arm in asking!!! Please come back and visit us again, bargain prices in late fall and winter!!! Peter B. -Owner
- Date of Stay: April 25, 2015
- What a good choice we made to stay at 3 palms in our first trip to North Port. Our accommodation were roomy with outstanding views or the ocean from the second and third floors verandas. The property was well kept with everything we needed including fish cleaning area with running water and sinks outside. Especially fun was the guidance we received from the very friendly owner Peter Byrns who gave us tons of ideas of fishing locations guides, restaurants and golf courses. We were especially impressed with St James golf course in Carrabelle well kept beautiful and fun to play . Three Palms was much larger than we needed for just two of us but the price was competitive so we enjoyed the space. Port St Joe area is a beautiful scheduled area with several uncrowded beaches. Three Palms is a ideal location for families or anyone wanting a gorgeous rental close to a pretty and uncrowded beach. Mike Watkins- Kentucky
- Vesna said…Jun 13, 2015
- Home away from Home!
- Date of Stay: April 12, 2015
Pam T. said…Apr 21, 2015
- Three Palms is a dream home! My husband and I and two dogs enjoyed a week of luxury at this gorgeous home, steps from the beach, great kayaking and amazing sea food! Peter was a gracious host, calling to make sure that everything was perfect. We will be back again and again!
- Date of Stay: April 4, 2015
- This was by far the best vacation that I have had in a very long time. The photos of the Three Palms property really does not do it justice. It’s a huge home and there was plenty of room for my entire group which consisted of kids, adults and 4 legged family members. Peter, Lydia and Donna were always quick to respond to any question that I had along the way. I am totally hooked on this area of Florida for my vacation. It’s so quiet and peaceful and my dogs love running on the beach. The pool area is awesome as well. There are plenty of chairs for everyone to sit and enjoy the pool if you don’t want to go the beach. The kitchen was well stocked with pots and pans and anything you might need. We went on a horseback ride on the beach, visited the Indian Pass Raw Bar and rented a Golf Cart from St Joe Rent All. I highly recommend all three of these activities.
- Anonymous said…Apr 20, 2015
Anonymous said…Apr 17, 2015
- Date of Stay: March 28, 2015
- I don’t believe our vacation could have gone any better! The house is phenomenal, clean and spacious and has everything you could possibly need. We stayed with 2 other couples and their families and my parents and everyone had their own space but could also come together and not feel overcrowded. We lucked out with a great week of sun and no rain! All the neighbors were very friendly as well. The best thing about this week was we meal planned where we only ate out 1 time. There isn’t much close by to eat so this was ideal with all our little kiddos. We did venture out to the Raw Bar which is quite an experience. Make sure you go early bc it is SMALL and fills up quickly. The live music outside helped and it is tailgate friendly. We ventured out to ‘Happy Ours’ for a morning of kayaking which was a huge highlight of the week despite the rather cranky lady that runs the place. As far as the actual house goes, it is a short distance to the beach which we had all to ourselves with plenty of shells and even sand dollars out on the sand bar off to the right. The outdoor shower was key before going to the pool or inside. The people before us left firewood so we enjoyed 2 nights of campfire on the beach. There is plenty of quiet space with the screened in porches and seating. The extra fridge on the main floor was key for snacks and beverages. Donna and Andy were available if we needed anything and the owner Peter could not have been any nicer checking in with us! The only things we would see improvement on would be having the pool be heated–it was too cold most days to enjoy and there was no propane in the grill to use but that would be an added perk anyway and Donna lent us hers! Big score for us as parents on this one and it was low key and full of quality family time! We would love to go back.
- Date of Stay : March 21, 2015
- We had a wonderful stay at Three Palms. The owner, Peter, and concierge, Andy, were available to answer any questions and give advice on local activity and restaurant reviews. The house was very comfortable – plenty of room to spread out. The decks were a wonderful way to relax and enjoy the sea air. This area has so much to offer, so we took advantage of shopping in Apalachacola, deep sea fishing, beach bonfires, and enjoying oysters & karioke at the local restaurant. The beach is a little on the narrow side and not raked for debris, but we found an area that we could set up the pavilion and volleyball net, leaving room for the occasional vehicle driving by. This is a very quiet beach which was perfect for our family and friends – peaceful sand & sun play. I would say this beach is probably perfect for the fishermen (at least at this time of year), since everyone else at the beach fit this description. We did swim a small bit, but we needed to be cautious due to the large sharks caught during our stay here. Thank you, Peter, for sharing your beautiful vacation home with us. It was a very special and memorable trip.My ResponseWe are so glad you folks had such a nice time at Three Palms Compound. The area itself is simply gorgeous, pristine, quiet and definitely “Old Florida” at its best!!!! We were sorry to hear about your experience on the beach with Fisherman. This area is just fantastic for fishing all over the place. Sometimes the local Indian Pass Fisherman get possessive of what they think is their “private spot”. If beach goers are enjoying the sun, sand and Gulf of Mexico that creates competition for fishing space because they have to adjust the areas where they fish.They have been “known” to scare, create stories and discourage beachgoers from enjoying the area. They prefer to keep it secluded and private for themselves. The most effective way is for them to talk about sharks. Nothing scares swimmers more than talk of sharks. As we all know sharks are in the Ocean. No getting around that. Sharks can be fun to catch and they are fished for from tip of Cape San Blas all they to Apalachicola. Like all animals sharks are more afraid of us humans than we are of them. Their diet is fish, not humans. They don’t go hunting/looking for humans. Indian Pass fisherman love to catch sharks and display them on the beach to help keep away/scare beachgoers. The important fact is that in Gulf County there has not been a reported or rumored shark attack on a human being since 2004. He had some shrimp for bait attached to the belt on his shorts. He went all the way out past the 1st sand bar, to the second sand bar where the water drops off and gets deep. A shark was attracted by the shrimp bait and came into the bar and bit the boy’s leg. I have been coming down here for years and every time I am here swimming in the Gulf of Mexico it is a daily ritual. This area attracts thousands of tourists every summer, if this was a dangerous, shark infested area, there would be a HUGE uproar, warnings, and all kinds of attention around it. The other fact is that dolphins and sharks don’t typically hang out together and this area is FAMOUS for its dolphins! Dolphins dorsal fin is mistaken for a shark. Caution is always warranted when swimming in the ocean. Keep your eyes open and be on the alert. A shark attack is a very rare event and especially down here in the Gulf. There are many other areas to swim down here but ,any more than the fact that there are stingrays, jelly fish and all sorts of critters in the and all sorts of critters in the ocean. They are more scared of us! Peter B
Apr 14, 2015 Erin G. You will LOVE Three Palms!! It has it ALL!! Date of Stay: March 14, 2015 We booked Three Palms for our family of five for Spring Break last month. We could not have been more happy with our choice! It is a large house, but perfect for one family or multiple families. Although there are plenty of bedrooms and bathrooms, our three children loved sleeping in the big bunkbed room together! There was a nice bedroom and bathroom right off the kitchen for my husband and I. We had more than enough room to spread out especially on the sunny porches, some of which were screened in. And all of the bedrooms had access to an outdoor porch which was wonderful for watching the sunrise from our bed! The kitchen was large and fully stocked as we cooked most all our meals at the house. The BBQ grills were great for grilling the fresh fish from the local markets. The neighborhood was very quiet and friendly. We even borrowed an egg one night from the next door neighbors! Super dog friendly area as well. We brought our big puppy and he couldn’t have been happier running on the beach and playing with other dogs, then lying on the porch for a nap! We were pleasantly surprised at how CLOSE the beach really is to this home. The owner, Peter, had told me but when we got there we realized how close and how comfortable we felt in letting the kids to go back and forth from the house to the beach. Most days we had the whole beach to ourselves! It was so peaceful and beautiful with lots of wildlife and seashells. The sunsets are gorgeous. We even had a bonfire on the beach complete with s’mores! The outdoor shower was a must after being at the beach and the kids loved using it! We also enjoyed the horshoe pit and shuffleboard at the house. We tried to take advantage of the many things to do around Port St. Joe and the surrounding areas., such as chartering a fishing boat where the kids saw dolphins, taking a drive to Apilachicola, a charming little town not far from Port St. Joe, and even went horse back riding on the beach! But even if you just want to kick back and relax and never leave Three Palms, you will have just as great of time. This house has it all…to many things to list..the website really does a great job of listing the amenities which helped us in planning our trip. Lastly, Peter and Lydia, and our “concierge” Andy, made us so comfortable and welcome. Anything we needed, they promptly responded by phone call or text. Our expectations were not only met but were exceeded at Three Palms! We will definitely be back!
Anonymous said… Mar 6, 2015 Three Palms—-A wonderful Place to stay Date of Stay : February 1, 2015 My wife and I rented Three Palms in Indian Pass from Lydia and Peter for the Month of February, 2015, and could not be happier with the stay. Three Palms is a great house with lots of space. The Burns go out of their way to make sure everything is right. The house is clean and very comfortable. It is In a great location just minutes from the most beautiful beach you can imaging. Dolphins swimming close to shore and miles of white sand to walk on and fish from. Indian Pass is truly the forgotten coast in Florida. Very quite and private. Oh, and while you are there Donna, the property manager makes herself available for any questions you might have, from where to eat to where to fish!!! When you get to Indian Pass please eat at the Owls Café and Hole in the Wall in Apalachicola . You cannot beat the shrimp and oysters. Freshest you will ever have. So do yourself and family a favor and book some time at Three Palms in Indian Pass Florida. You will not regret it, and may not want to leave!
- Date of Stay: January 23, 2015
- My wife and I and another couple stayed at 3 Palms on 1/23-131/2015. The home was very large and we had everything we needed. The beach was only 100 yards away and we had a nice gulf view from the second story. Peter and his wife were very easy to work with and they even called us to make sure that all of our needs were taken care of. We will definitely be returning to 3 Palms in the future.
Relaxing! Date of Stay: November 22, 2014 Relaxing and well thought out!! A few years ago, we decided to gather with family and friends over Thanksgiving at the beach. We chose Three Palms this year and feel that it was an excellent choice. We had plenty of room for our family and dogs. We loved the beach access and the laid-back feel of the area. The house was well equipped and everyone had a quiet place to relax either inside or outside. We came with adults, dogs and teenage girls. All had fun! Shuffle board was a hoot! The outside shower was a blessing especially after the dogs had their run on the beach. The weather was too cool for a swim in the pool, but the fenced backyard was great for the dogs. Donna and Peter were gracious and very helpful with any needs. If you rent this property you will LOVE it and the area! Thanks for a great place to get away and enjoy family friends and be able to bring our dogs!
Relaxing! 181 S Higgins St, Port St Joe, FL, 32456, United States (3478108)
- Date of Stay: November 22, 2014
- Relaxing and well thought out!! A few years ago, we decided to gather with family and friends over Thanksgiving at the beach. We chose Three Palms this year and feel that it was an excellent choice. We had plenty of room for our family and dogs. We loved the beach access and the laid-back feel of the area. The house was well equipped and everyone had a quiet place to relax either inside or outside. We came with adults, dogs and teenage girls. All had fun! Shuffle board was a hoot! The outside shower was a blessing especially after the dogs had their run on the beach. The weather was too cool for a swim in the pool, but the fenced backyard was great for the dogs. Donna and Peter were gracious and very helpful with any needs. If you rent this property you will LOVE it and the area! Thanks for a great place to get away and enjoy family friends and be able to bring our dogs!
THREE PALMS FALL VACATION- Great Get Away!!
- 181 S Higgins St, Port St Joe, FL, 32456, United States (3478108)
- Date of Stay: October 25, 2014
- This was our first time renting a beach house on the beautiful Gulf of Mexico. Our stay was a great experience. The owner was most helpful throughout the booking process and especially conscientious during the week to assure that we found everything in a satisfactory condition. While there, he made a couple of calls as did the concierge (Donna) to see if we needed anything or had any problems. We found the property very clean inside and out and were pleased. Donna made helpful suggestions and thoroughly answered questions regarding local restaurants, etc. We ate out a couple of times, but took advantage of the excellent kitchen facilities and ample dining areas. We cooked the majority of the week. The Kitchen was equipped with any and all equipment & appliances we needed. We found it lacking in no respects. All one needs to bring is food. There are two refrigerators to accommodate cool storage for food, also a washer and dryer that was helpful with four grandkids. This was a family vacation which included our immediate family. My mom, siblings & spouses, children, and grandkids.. We even had one pet. There were 14 total. The house is extremely spacious and with all the outside porches, ample seating, the great pool area, and very large common area on the main floor, we were never overcrowded. The family came and went at their leisure. The beach was a very short walk and not crowded. My mom, my wife, and I have all had knee replacements and made the trek without incident. The neighborhood was clean, quiet, and not overcrowded as is sometimes the case in beach settings. No commercialization, Just a good relaxing place to lay back with the family and enjoy the Gulf. In conclusion, I would have no reservation in recommending this property, especially for a family group.
Wonderful vacation-Jamie 181 S Higgins St, Port St Joe, FL, 32456, United States (3478108) Date of Stay: September 6, 2014 Three palms was such a great house. We enjoyed the house and layout so much, by far one of the best rentals ever..the pool was crystal clear, and house and grounds were very clean..the beach path was so cool, not far at all, we always stay beach front so I was a lil worried when we booked this house…but trust me it’s not far at all..the area is so peaceful and unlike anywhere we have ever stayed. We saw turtles,stingrays, dolphins, deer,alligators…we had many firsts on this trip..we drove on the beach on the beach cart we had rented from St. joe Rent All…From Brian…very helpful..we built fires at night in the beach it was great! We were worried about the neighbors..but only saw the ones n the corner and they were great also. peter and Lydia was very helpful and informative it was everything they said it would be…love this area and plan on coming back next year…the secluded beaches make you feel like you are the only ones there..it’s a great place to vacation…thanks..Jamie, Tennessee
“My Little Piece of Heaven :)” My recent stay at Three Palms was nothing short of perfect! While looking for a place to stay, I was hesitant about booking Three Palms simply because of the size. I mean, it was me…and my two pups! However, after much searching, I kept going back to this property. And, boy am I glad I did. Three Palms is located in a quiet, peaceful part of fun heaven. I could walk on the beach, take a stroll through the “neighborhood” or simply choose one of many locations on the decks to sit, relax and enjoy. Anytime I felt adventurous, it was absolutely nothing to jump in my truck, drive for a few minutes/miles and discover a whole ‘nother part of nature to admire and enjoy. My boys were always welcomed to go with me, wherever I chose to venture. The pool! The pool was a life-saver! Not only was it cool, clean and inviting, it was also private and relaxing. With enough chairs and loungers to host an army, I had a new chair each time I went down! (It was also inviting at night, as the lights are on a timer and light up the pool beautifully.) Don’t let the size of this property keep you from going it alone, or as a couple. The amenities are simply wonderful, and the owners and property manager cannot be surpassed. Their wanting and willingness to accommodate was like none I have experienced. (Donna met me at the “corner” and led me in, making sure I found the place without any problems! She also checked on me several times on my drive down, as I was traveling alone. Now, THAT’S service!!) The kitchen was well stocked and truly a joy to use. Though I was alone, I’m a cooker! I used it to the best of my ability and never did it disappoint. The Weber grill was a great surprise, and a pleasure to use. Made a pretty killer steak dinner, I did! Not only was it amazingly clean, I could tell by the quality and amount of appliances, accessories, etc that was in and at Three Palms, the owners’ number one concern is that their tenants be as comfortable and satisfied as possible. The perfect place for a much-needed getaway, Three Palms will satisfy your every need. Whether you’re like me and want a refuge to read, paint and/or write, or you have an army and just want to have fun, this is the place for you. Rarely do I review my stays simply because they are so-so. Three Palms, however, coaxed me into varying from that habit. If you’re on the fence, well, just fall off and do it! You won’t regret it. I promise!
Seth S. said… Sep 17, 2014 Perfect! 181 S Higgins St, Port St Joe, FL, 32456, United States (3478108) Date of Stay: August 23, 2014 First and foremost, the owner was extremely helpful, answered any and all questions we had before and during our stay, including checking up afterward. He was great! The house was extremely accommodating for all 10 of our party ages 5 to Nana :). It was extremely clean upon arrival and had more than enough storage for all our luggage. We also had our family dog with us and we never once felt crowded. We ate and prepared almost every meal at the house without any issue. The amenities from the laundry to the pool were all in fantastic shape. The distance to the beach is also fantastic; from the top porch of the house you can easily see the ocean. The beach itself was very, very clean and was not crowded. We will absolutely consider coming back as this was the most peaceful vacation any of us had enjoyed in a long, long time!
Anonymous said… Aug 16, 2014 Better than being at home! 181 S Higgins St, Port St Joe, FL, 32456, United States (3478108) Anonymous said… Aug 16, 2014 Better than being at home! 181 S Higgins St, Port St Joe, FL, 32456, United States (3478108) Date of Stay August 9, 2014 Helpful votes:0/0. All the comforts of home in a pristine natural setting. 3 Palms is well appointed, complete with all amenities on could desire for an enjoyable holiday for a large group. The property is located in a very quiet area about a 5 minute walk down a sandy path to the beach. It is also close to the beautiful beaches and bays of Cape San Blas, and the towns of Port Saint Joe and Apalachicola. All you need to do when staying at 3 Palms is to bring your food and clothing, the property has everything else (kitchen, linens, pool, beach, fish cleaning supplies, wifi/cable TV , games (horseshoe, shuffleboard) and more). There are 2 refrigerators and a washer/dryer, so you can bring plenty of food and do laundry when needed. There is plenty of space and sitting areas in the home, porches and around the pool deck to enjoy time with the group or to have time alone. The properly was very clean and nicely maintained. When we arrived, we immediately felt at home. The owners and property managers were helpful, responsive, caring, kind and eager to please. Beautiful place and location for our family reunion, our family ranged in age from 2-76, we all were super delighted with our stay. Staying at 3 Palms was truly better than being at home! My Response We are so happy that you had such a great Family Reunion at Three Palms. It is the PERFECT place for a large family gathering. I need to clarify your statement about the beach being “5 Minutes away”……… Everyone that comes to Three Palms wants to know where the house is in relation to the Beach, understandably so! We have a whole section on our website dedicated to sharing Videos and Photos of the Beach Path under the Three Palms menu bar……….It is called: “WHERE’S THE BEACH?” The website section shows almost every possible angle to the Beach and its location to the house. We also have more Photos and Videos on all our Social Media Platforms (FB, G+, Twit). The problem is semantics. I define the Beach as where you leave the street or sidewalk and START WALKING ON SAND. According to my definition the Beach Path, and therefore the Beach, STARTS ABOUT 30 PACES or LESS THAN ONE MINUTE FROM DRIVEWAY AT THREE PALMS.ABOUT 25 YARDS. Now, the beach itself is HUGE and VERY WIDE. The Beach Path is very wide and clear of vegetation. Golf Carts and Trucks use this PATH/ROAD for access to the Beach. To get to the Gulf of Mexico and its shoreline/water it may take 3-5 MINUTES, depending on how fast you walk! So the guest is NOT WRONG, but the statement can be misleading, depending on your definition of BEACH. TO ME AND MY DEFINITION OF THE BEACH, THE BEACH IS LESS THAN 1 MINUTE AWAY!!!!!!!! Thank You For Staying With Us!!!
Wonderful vacation 181 S Higgins St, Port St Joe, FL, 32456, United States (3478108) Date of Stay: September 6, 2014 Three palms was such a great house. We enjoyed the house and layout so much, by far one of the best rentals ever..the pool was crystal clear, and house and grounds were very clean..the beach path was so cool, not far at all, we always stay beach front so I was a lil worried when we booked this house…but trust me it’s not far at all..the area is so peaceful and unlike anywhere we have ever stayed. We saw turtles,stingrays, dolphins, deer,alligators…we had many firsts on this trip..we drove on the beach on the beach cart we had rented from St. joe Rent All…From Brian…very helpful..we built fires at night in the beach it was great! We were worried about the neighbors..but only saw the ones n the corner and they were great also. peter and Lydia was very helpful and informative it was everything they said it would be…love this area and plan on coming back next year…the secluded beaches make you feel like you are the only ones there..it’s a great place to vacation…thanks..Jamie, Tennessee
Great for families, including the 4 legged ones 181 S Higgins St, Port St Joe, FL, 32456, United States (3478108) Date of Stay: August 2, 2014 This was a great house for lots of people, and different ages. There was room to spread out on both floors, on the decks or in your bedroom. When we wanted to be all together the main floor was great. The kitchen accommodated several cooks. Eating space at the counter was a plus as well as a powder room off the kitchen. The extra refrigerator down stairs was invaluable.This pool was just right for cooling off and playing around. The decks, with a gate was a great place for the dogs to dry off before coming back inside. They loved it too. Donna, the manager, was awesome in terms of attention/service. Donna went way above and beyond the call of duty. The first night she came to check out water heater, the next day the Handyman came by and completely rebuilt the heater. There was a problem with the dryer being clogged and Donna, called and he came out and determined we used the wrong settings. The handyman didn’t have an attitude, even though it was basically an unnecessary service call. The reviews ,repeatedly talk about customer service and dedication to making your vacation the “Best Ever”! They use the term,“We got your back!” Well, not only did they have “our back”, Donna may have saved my daughter –in-law’s life! She was bitten by a red ant on Sunday AM and she had a violent allergic reaction. We needed immediate attention and quick! We were going to call 911, but we decided to call Donna first. Thank God we did! She completely took charge of the emergency situation. She explained that the emergency vehicle would have to come from Apalachicola, and it might take an hour or more. How would we know any of that info? Donna said forget about 911 – she actually waited on the road for us and led us to the ER in her Sunday clothes, reaching speeds of 80 miles an hour – and stayed for several hours, until the situation was stabilized. It was so reassuring to have Donna with us.This was just simply, unbelievable. I can’t thank her enough! I would strongly recommend that everyone put the directions to the local hospital in their phone upon arrival! Calling 911 is pointless.You can drive there faster. If you are looking to feel pampered, safe, carefree and protected in a Beach home, I doubt there another rental in the area that compares with the quality of service and personal attention these folks provide!!!! They REALLY do.. “Have your Back!!!!!” – Louise S.
Jennifer R. said… Aug 2, 2014 PERFECT in every way! 181 S Higgins St, Port St Joe, FL, 32456, United States (3478108) Date of Stay-July 19, 2014 This was the perfect place for our family vacation! We had 4 kids (6, 18 & two 12 year olds) They all had a great time. The beach was amazing and only a short walk away. Everyone we met in the neighborhood was super friendly. The area around Three Palms is absolutely breathtaking and we enjoyed the abundance of wildlife we saw. We enjoyed surf fishing and even caught a hammerhead which was delicious! We also caught some beautiful blue crabs which were yummy too. The house was very spacious and well equipped. We spent a lot of time out on the decks enjoying the view. We had everything we needed for cooking and the fish cleaning station downstairs was great. Having the pool was fabulous and the fact that we could share our vacation with our dogs was so much fun. I had a blast watching my pooches enjoying the beach. Peter and the property manager, Donna were great to work with and the ease of booking & arrival was seamless. They went . Out of their way to ensure we had everything we needed and answered any questions we had quickly and efficiently. I highly recommend this vacation rental and hope to book for next summer too! 5 stars in every aspect!
Bill M. said… Jul 14, 2014 Great stay at Three Palms Date of Stay: July 5, 2014 Everything was great. The house was all it was represented to be and lacked nothing. We slept 14 comfortably. Donna, the property manager was excellent. She went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed. I would definitely recommend Three Palms to anyone looking for a get away for a larger group. Everything was perfect. Thanks again…………
Myra H. said… Jun 11, 2014 Life IS better at Three Palms 181 S Higgins St, Port St Joe, FL, 32456, United States (3478108) Date of Stay May 31, 2014 The place is huge! Very clean and well stocked. Enough room for several families to spread out. Enjoyed morning coffee on balcony listening to ocean waves. Watched sunrises and sunsets. Saw dolphins almost daily. Built sand castles and memories with grandchildren! Fished, built bonfires on beach, explored the island, found tons of shells! Needless to say we didn’t want to leave! All the local folks were very friendly and helpful. Donna and Andy are great! The owners Peter and Lydia are awesome! They do all they can to make your stay perfect! The great room was perfect for my grandsons! They now want a room like it at home! If you go you have to experience the atmosphere at the Raw Oyster Bar. The food is good but the live music, dancing and fun is the best! The outdoor shower even has warm water! The fish cleaning screened room was perfect for preparing our fish and using our fryer! The pool was a bonus. The kids enjoyed it at night but wanted the beach and ocean during the day! It was like we had our own private beach! Thank you Peter and Lydia, Donna and Andy! Thanks for all the great memories!!
Sharon M. said… May 31, 2014 Best house ever! Date of Stay: May 24, 2014 This is by far the best rental we have ever stayed in. Fully stocked kitchen, lovely living areas, decks access from all rooms. Not to mention the private pool, quick access to the beach, shuffle board and horseshoe pit. The owner and Donna are a phone call away and called us to make sure our stay was comfortable!!! Talk about personal service. The only thing I would like to do is keep it a secret, so no one else knows about Three Palms!!!! Recommended for: Age 55+, Adventure Seekers, Pet-friendly, Girls Getaway, Sightseeing, Families with Teenagers, Families with Young Children
Great Escape! Date of Stay: April 26, 2014 We wanted to let you know how much we enjoyed our week at Three Palms. From the moment we arrived we loved everything we saw on the property. From the beautiful pool (spotless) to the well maintained fenced in backyard (our dog Digger loved it) we simply can’t say enough great things about Three Palms. Comfotable,spacious house with fantastic gulf views. The first several days of our stay the weather was great. We spent lots of time at the beautiful white sand beach, a short 2 minute walk away. There were lots of shells and our little Welsh Terrier loved splashing in the waves. Then a cold front roled in and we had lots of rain the remainder of our stay. This did not ruin our trip of course because of the beauty and peacefulness of the house. We spent lots of time on the wrap around porches – both open air and screened in. We were able to sit by the sparkling blue pool some and I must say the owners have thought of everything. I believe there was seating for at least a dozen or more people by the pool. Even though it was just my husband and I the house would easily accomodate 2-3 families with lots of privacy to go around. At night when the sky was clear we would sit on the porch and look at the brightest stars I have ever seen and listen to the waves crashing on the beach. We had several questions during our stay and Donna, the local manager was always quick to respond to our phone calls. This was our first visit to the Cape San Blas area. We loved it so much and enjoyed working with the owners so much that we have already booked a 2 week stay later this year at their Two Palms property. We are already looking forward to our stay knowing that Two Palms will be just as great a vacation home as was Three Palms.
N W. said… A relaxed vacation Apr 23, 2014 Date of Stay: March 22, 2014 It was a wonderful vacation! The house was spacious enough we were able to spread out and have our own space when needed. We enjoyed the decks to sit on to read books, take naps, or enjoy the sound of the ocean. It is a short walk to the beach and we walked there quite often. The daily walks on the beach became our routine. The shell collecting was an adventure every day for the kids. No one in our group really wanted to leave and return to our daily lives. The owners were great to work with and answered all of our questions in a timely manner. They suggested things for us to do and see if we wanted to. We had a problem with one of the toilets when we were there and it was handled quickly. We will be coming back for another vacation.
Suzy G. said… Apr 3, 2013 Spacious and comfortable Date of Stay: March 8, 2013 We went to three palms on a spur of the moment spring break trip for fishing. Although the weather was somewhat uncooperative, the house is very spacious and close to the beach. The short walk to the beach made our stay very nice. The pool although not heated was nice. The poolside furniture was quite comfortable for reading. The kitchen is well appointed. Cooking was fun. I would recommend this house to large families or multiple families. My Response Susan G. Thanks for your kind comments about your stay at Three Palms. I am so sorry I couldn’t get the weather God’s to co-operate!!!! Three Palms Compound is a great place for a large family or multiple families. The ground floor is basically like having an additional floor of Living Space. We have an array of pool loungers and chairs in the pool area, we have a sitting area just off the pool area that provides shade, and is an excellent area to hang and drink coffee in the A.M. This area catches some of those special Gulf AM breezes that the area in known for. It also is a favorite spot for watching Sunset’s with the breezes and you are protected from burning sun. Right next to the sitting area is a table and chairs to eat or hang out on. It is right next to the gigantic charcoal grill we have that is like one of those you see in a state park. It is over three feet long and can cook all your hamburgers and shrimp or fish at one time. It is HUGE. What makes this whole pool, sitting and eating area so special is that we have a vacant lot right next to us and creates a very private peaceful area. It almost feels like you are in your own little private jungle. Also on the ground floor away from the pool area is another special sitting/recreating area. There is a screened in fish cleaning room, with 2 stainless steel sink and cutting boards and space for storing bikes and gear. There is a sitting area with tables and chairs for watching or resting while participating in our full shuffle board court. The outdoor privacy shower is right next door. This huge area really is an added bonus to all the space Three Palms provides. The carport area has a hose to wash off sand from your feet and your pets feet. This is a very cool area during the hot summer days. Peter B
Michael A. said… Apr 14, 2013 2012 Review and Excellent Owner Understanding and Cooperation Date of Stay March 2, 2013 We did not actually get to enjoy the excellent amenities and relaxation Three Palms offers this year (2013) due to a family medical emergency. I will explain the excellent cooperation and understanding of the owners in this matter later but first I will review our 2012 stay at Three Palms. For my wife’s birthday in March we decided to spend three weeks at the beach and during the three weeks invite several friends and relatives to rotate in and out to celebrate her birthday. For this event we could not have chosen a better place than Three Palms. Three Palms offered plenty of room for the number of guests (12 at any one time) we chose to have at any one time and also offered privacy for several different families. Our deal with each family visiting was each family had to prepare a meal on a rotational basis. The spacious kitchen offered plenty of room to prepare and cook the meals. The large dining area table and kitchen bar seating provided seating for everyone. Of course the screened deck/porch areas and the decks on 2 levels offered other seating options for meal times, social hours or private times. Personally I enjoyed the concrete area on the ground level. I spent a lot of time there enjoying the breeze. With the additional refrigerator on the ground level I did not have to make trips up the stairs to the kitchen for my favorite beverages. The beach was a quick easy walk away where we enjoyed swimming and fishing. Most days on the beach you felt as if it were a private beach because the next nearest people were hundreds of yards away. We all felt very secure in the quiet neighborhood. The neighbors on the one side were very friendly and polite and the empty lot on the other side made a good place for my dogs to explore. I did not feel uncomfortable walking my dogs around the neighborhood late at night. Three Palms was very clean and comfortable. The local property manager, Donna, is very friendly and helpful. She provided us her cell phone and was glad to assist us with any question we might have. Three Palms is a great place to stay in Indian Pass and I am certain you will enjoy your stay. We were forced to cancel our trip this year (Mar 2013) the day before check-in. The owners were not contractually obligated to refund any of our rental money but they worked extremely hard to find families to rent Three Palms the last two weeks of our scheduled stay and refund us a portion of our rental money. Thank You Recommended for: Age 55+, Pet-friendly, Families with Teenagers, Families with Young Children My Response Thank you so much for your kind remarks! We are so sorry you folks weren’t able to make it to Three Palms this year and hope you can come next year. We will always try to accommodate unexpected changes/emergencies with our guests and do our best to work and provide a solution to those problems. Thank You for your loyalty. Peter B.
Vesna said… Dec 6, 2012 The most relaxing week I have had in a long time! Date of Stay: November 10, 2012 My husband, dog and I had a perfect and relaxing week at this gorgeous home! I could not have imagined a more wonderful place to unwind from a stressful year. The place is beautiful, steps from a quiet beach and minutes from the best oysters in the Southeast!Such a gorgeous and relaxing getaway! The place is beautifully maintained, quiet and just steps away from an almost private beach!
Amazingness Surpasses Words Review submitted: January 18, 2014 Date of arrival: September 16, 2013 First of all, I’d like to personally apologize for taking so long on this review. By no means is it because of anything bad. My boyfriend and I took our first vacation back in September, and after searching and sending many messages to owners of vacation homes, Three Palms fell into our lap – making us the luckiest couple of the year. Let me begin with the owners: I was so surprised at how accommodating and welcoming they were! They truly went out of their way to make sure we were not only comfortable, but maximized our time in paradise. Second, let me compliment the location. Close enough to sit, listen, and watch the waves on either of the balconies, or walk to the beach (in literally 2 minutes or less). We didn’t want to fight a crowd (well, I didn’t want to suck in my belly all day in front of a crowd) so it was absolutely amazing to sit on a beach where there was no one, other than a few people taking a morning walk. One of them even gave me a sand dollar! Saving the best for last, now let me brag on their house! We were a bit hesitant. It was only my boyfriend and I and our two dogs, but the size of this house was humongous! We decided to book it anyway, and as big as the house was, there was no room to complain. The kitchen was awesome enough to actually make me WANT to clean it every morning and night. The living room and dining area spoiled us. The bed that we slept in made us regret coming home to our own bed. Everything was so clean when we got there. The private pool was absolutely amazing. I was obsessed with the outdoor shower where the water actually got hot. Both of the balconies were wonderful. I would sit out on the balcony and read my book after laying on the beach for an hour or two. Andy, our concierge, was one of the sweetest men I’ve ever met in my life, and he was such a huge help and so accommodating. I’d go back just to hang out with him! Thanks to him, we got to visit the state park where we learned so much about Florida and had a blast. I could say so much more about our stay, the small town feel, the beautiful house, the wonderful beach, the accommodating and welcoming people…but unfortunately, we have a limited number of characters for these reviews and I am running low. Book this house. You’ll be doing yourself a favor.
Russell Cumbie said… Aug 25, 2013 3 Palms is Heavenly!!! 181 S Higgins St, Port St Joe, FL, 32456, United States (3478108) Date of Stay: July 27, 2013 My family and I stayed at 3 Palms for a week and I have to say it was possibly the best vacation we ever had! The set up of the house is awesome! Every room has its own exit onto the deck. We had 15 people there a couple of days and there was plenty of room. The entire house is well stocked with towels, cleaning tools and products and kitchen utensils and appliances. The beds and furniture are very comfortable. The shuffle board was a big hit with my crew! The kids enjoyed the pool and made use of the outdoor shower as well. The great room on the 2nd floor was ideal for the grandkids! It is decorated adorably and perfect for children.The beach is less than a 2 minute walk. My husband and son in law went floundering one night and came back with flounder and crabs in about an hour and a half! Another day they walked down and threw the “cast net” and returned with a big mess of mullet. We walked down to the beach with flashlights at night and let the kids count fiddler crabs. We are locals and know all the areas treasures! Star gazing from the second floor deck was breath taking. I normally don’t like to stay in pet friendly rentals. But I did not see a single dog hair my entire stay! The owners, property management, pool guy, cleaners and neighbors were extremely nice and helpful. I would recommend 3 Palms to everyone. The location, floor plan and amenities has something to offer everyone, any age! Recommended for: Age 55+, Adventure Seekers, Girls Getaway, Tourists without a Car, Sightseeing, Families with Teenagers, Families with Young Children, Romantic Getaway My Response Thank you for your kind remarks! We are so happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay at Three Palms. What impressed me the most about your review was that you live and work just minutes away from Three Palms and yet you chose to vacation there. It certainly says a lot about how fantastic and special the area must be to ya’ll and since your repair business brings you into almost every vacation rental in the Cape San Blas area, how special Three Palms is. It certainly sounds like you really, really appreciated and enjoyed not only the compound but all that the area has to offer. It appears like you also feel the way we do, about that “Old Florida” feel to Indian Pass and why you would chose to vacation in your back yard. It is simply magnificent there!!!!! While Three Palms Compound is a large , well appointed and laid out “Fun House” that can hold very large groups (14) , it does book up quickly in the summer. Now that fall and winter are coming why not take advantage of the dramatically reduced rates and the phenomenal weather to come on down and enjoy a piece of paradise! Stay for a couple of weeks invite family and friends and lounge around the huge compound and explore the “Forgotten Coast” and “Old Florida” while you still can. It is a wonderful little residential neighborhood full of “peace and quiet”. Don’t be scared about the size of the house or that it sleeps 14. Take advantage of a great opportunity to live like a “king” or “queen”. Bring your dog to one of the Best Pet Friendly beaches in the U.S.!!!! The bottom line is that if you can rent a Gorgeous Spacious Compound with a pool for about the same price as a 2BDR condo or House why not jump at the chance to experience decadence. Treat a neighbor, co-worker or long lost family member to a once in a lifetime experience. Give us a call , we will try to work with your budget and work out a great deal. We want to pay the mortgage, we want to rent the compound out and the there is just not that many groups of 14 looking for a week or two week vacation in the fall and winter. We take very, very good care of our guests. We pamper them and this is another great reason why to stay at Three Palms. Our Red Neck Concierge/Manager knows everything about the area and all the activities that abound. She will be at your beckon call and most importantly she has your back in the event of any kind of problem, or even emergency.Have a bonfire on the beach. Horseback ride on the beach. Relax and Enjoy!
Perfect slice of paradise! Ellen (Taylors, SC) Review submitted: July 29, 2013 Date of arrival: July 20, 2013 Three Palms was everything we were told it was and more! We actually had 15 total (one baby) for a family reunion week and were very comfortable. Six of the children bunked in the great room upstairs and really enjoyed the space. All the bedrooms were great, the kitchen well stocked , and the whole house was spic and span! The pool area was a favorite with everyone. The uncrowded beach was delightful. If anyone craved more than the relaxation of ‘home’, day trips to Panama City, Appalachicola , or into Port St. Joe were easily accomplished. The majority of our group discovered (or rediscovered) scalloping and we had a blast! Definitely one of the best vacations destinations ever, and will certainly be some place we will visit again! The owners were very nice and easy to work with and were caring enough to call to make sure our week went well. Thanks for a great experience! Recommended for: adventure seekers, age 55+, families with young children, families with teenagers, girls getaway, pet-friendly, sight seeing Owners response: We recently had a guest who lives in Destin, Fl.,a very lovely beach town.He likes to Vacation in Indian Pass, Fl. ,where Three Palms is located. His love of Indian Pass comes from the belief he has that this is truly “Old Florida “and one of only a few places left where you can experience Florida the way it used to be. He deeply dislikes the traffic, congestion and commercialization of what most people consider a simply beautiful,if not gorgeous area, in Destin. He loves the laid back, natural beauty and serenity of this area in Gulf County, Fl., known as the “Forgotten Coast”. He Fished, Hiked, Kayaked, Cycled, Boated and watched stars at night. He saw Eagles, Hawks, Pelicans, an assortment of other birds, Dolphins, Sea Turtles and their nesting eggs, Alligators, a Bear, and even what he thought was a small Panther.All this and more right on this tiny Peninsula, known as Indian Pass. In a 48 hour period he waded out in The St. Joe Bay and picked his own scallops, cleaned them and ate them that night.After scalloping he placed Crab Traps on the left side of the Boat Ramp at Indian Pass Campground, and left. He then grabbed his bait Throw Net and down at The Indian Pass Beach in front of Three Palms, he netted some shrimp to be used for bait.The shrimp bait worked well and he caught some Speckled Trout from the shore at Indian Pass, in front of Three Palms.He then went back and collected his crab traps with a couple of dozen blue crabs waiting for him.On his way back to Three Palms, he entered the Indian Pass Lagoon, waded out and found some Oyster Beds and promptly harvested some fresh Indian Pass Oysters.He tried a few casts on his fly rod trying to catch a nice “Red” fish in the Lagoon that is known to be a hang out area for Red’s.While he was unsuccessful catching a Red,he had better luck that night when he went“Gigging”forFlounder and with his Gigging stick and light caught a bunch of Flounder that night.All this while his wife and family hung out by the pool and beach at Three Palms. He then had a huge,delicious Seafood Feast with his family, with Fish that was cleaned in the Three Palms Screened in Fish Room and cooked on the Huge Charcoal Grill that could cook 24 hamburgers at once.Scallops,Oysters,Crab, Trout and Flounder,except for the scallops,all the bait and fish were caught within a mile or two of Three PalmsThe scallops were less than a 5 minute drive away.This is truly AWESOME and I am so jealous of his man’s “Old Florida”experience!!
Date of Stay July 13, 2013 We have rented many times and many places but hands down this rental was over the top. We got exactly what we were told and the pictures did not do it justice. It was so neat and clean, There were 9 adults and three children in our group. There were plenty of large bedrooms, each with its own bath. Large game room with more beds and big tv. Great family room and kitchen area with plenty of seating at a large table and also at the counter top/bar. Each bedroom also had its own door to a screened in porch which was so nice. We also had an extra frig. downstairs. Outside there was a nice area under the house with a cool breeze blowing. A shuffle board court and a fish cleaning area also under there. In the back was a nice pool and plenty of seats. There is a short walk across to the almost private beach. We were also able to have a bonfire and roast marshmallows. You cant do that on most beaches in the panhandle. What we really loved was the seclusion of the property and the beach. There was a drive to the nearest grocery store but we did not mind that at all. There are many nice places to eat and also things to do. The owners sent us plenty of info on fishing, scalloping and other info on things to check out. The Raw Bar is a must and you have to check out Outriggers. The property has an awesome property mtgr Donna, that you can call for information or help at anytime. I called her several times for various things. All in all this was a wonderful trip and a wonderful place to stay. The owners really care about their renters and see to it that all your needs are met. Our family highly recommends this property and the Burns!!!! We will be renting for many summers to come!!!!! Only bad thing was we had to leave. The Frank Family Alabama/Georgia July 2013 Recommended for: Age 55+, Pet-friendly, Girls Getaway, Sightseeing, Families with Teenagers, Families with Young Children My Response Things Guests Like About Three Palms: 1.) The size of the House 2.) The 2 Surround Decks and Views 3.) The 4 Main BDR’s All have Full Bath’s Closets 4.) The Location to the Beach and the Huge Size of the Beach, as Well as it Being a pet Friendly Beach Where Your Dogs Can Run and Run. 5.) The Great Room That Sleeps 6. 6.) The Pool 7.) The Ground Floor. It is Like a Whole Separate Living Area/3Rd Floor. 8.) The Balance of Screened in Porches and Open Porches on Decks. 9.) The Quiet Residential Neighborhood. 10.) The Feel of “Old Florida” that permeates the Area. 11.) The Vacant Lot Adjacent to Three Palms. 12.) The 50 Outdoor Seating Areas Located Around Pool, Shuffle Board Court, Grill and Outside Decks. 13.) The Gorgeous Views of The Gulf and Beach. 14.) Watching the Stars From 2nd Balcony. 15.) The Balance of Privacy and Group Settings With Each Bedroom Having a Door to the Decks. 16.) There are a Lot of “Nooks and Crannies” to hang out in. 17.) The Shuffle Board Court and Screened in Fish Cleaning Room. 18.) The Outdoor Shower. 19.) The Huge Barbecue Grill That Can Cook 25 Hamburgers at Once. 20.) The T.V.s in all the BDR’s. 21.) The Beautiful and Totally Well Stocked Kitchen with Everything You Could Need or Want. 22.) The Doggie Gates That Allow Dogs to Travel Both Decks Without Getting Out. 23.) The New Mesh on Fence Around Pool to Prevent Small Dogs from Slipping Thru. 24.) The fact That you Can See The Gulf of Mexico and Beach From the Majority oh Windows. 25.) The Outside Dining Table in Screened in Porch and Coffee Table on Deck. Perfect for Morning Coffee. 26.) The Fact That you Can get Lost in The Compound. 27.) The 2nd Refrigerator on the Ground Floor For Storage and Convenient Beverages. 28.) The Huge Carport Area and Large Driveway, Perfect for a Boat. 29.) The Way the Gentle Gulf Breezes Sweep in and Cool the Adjacent Pool Sitting Area and Car Port Area. The Fences around Pool Break The Wind and Make the Sun Warmer in the Cooler Months. 30.) Donna, the “Redneck Concierge” manager, Who is so Helpful, Knowledgeable and Friendly. 31.) The Well Appointed and Decorated House that Makes You Feel so Comfortable. A Very Warm and Spacious Family Vacation Home That Will Create Special Memories for Years To Come. 32.) All the Friendly Neighbors and People in the Neighborhood That Are So Nice. Peter B.
Melissa Morgan said… Jul 16, 2013 Family vacation 181 S Higgins St, Port St Joe, FL, 32456, United States (3478108) Date of Stay: July 6, 2013 Our family stayed a week at 3 Palms in July 2013. We ranged in age from 15 months to 70 years. We had a great time and couldn’t have asked for a nicer place to stay. The house was clean and well stocked. It was roomy and yet cozy all at the same time. The kids (4 total) loved playing in the bunk room and each room having its own entrance to the porches was wonderful. My sister in law was able to jog on the beach early each morning without going through the house and waking anyone. The kitchen was fully stocked and we cooked daily! My knees complained about the steps as the week wore on but that is a signal that I need to climb more steps! The beds were comfortable and the area was secluded without being too far from civilization. We fished and swam in the ocean and generally had a blast. I would recommend 3 Palms to anyone who wants a peaceful stay on the beach. We even saw some wildlife and collected lots of shells. I would also recommend trout fishing with Captain Hal Tarpley, he is a great guide and we caught lots of fish. Donna the property manager was helpful in fixing the only issue we had which was a battery that needed replacing in one of the smoke detectors. She also answered lots of questions we had about fishing in the area. There is great food in Port St Joe. We missed our scalloping trip because my grandson got sick (virus) with a high fever but other than that our trip was a blast. We did drive to panama city one day to go to the water park which the kids loved. I would recommend Johnnie B’s restaurant in Port St Joe and St Joe Shrimp Co (we brought shrimp home and the fish we caught) Recommended for: Age 55+, Adventure Seekers, Girls Getaway, Sightseeing, Families with Teenagers, Families with Young Children My Response: Thank you very much for your kind remarks. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay at Three Palms! There is so much to do in this area and the home is extremely comfortable and spacious. We pride ourselves on having a well stocked kitchen and a plenty of chairs and sitting areas around the pool, the grill/eating area, the shuffle board court in the car port area and the huge surround decks on both floors. (over 50 seating places) We are sorry about your aching knees. That is the down side of having all this luxurious space with all five bedrooms having doors that access the decks. In hind sight we often wish we had put in an elevator when the house was built. There are so many activities available at Three Palms. Bring your boat, the Indian Pass Boat launch is less than 1 mile away and boat access to the beautiful St. Joe Bay is 10 minutes away. The fishing is simply outstanding and we have plenty of highly recommended fishing guides. There are also group fishing boats for a less expensive fishing experience. The beaches are “Pet Friendly”, steps away from Three Palms, huge and basically deserted. Other activities include golfing, shelling, crabbing, scalloping, horseback riding on the beach, renting a golf cart and riding on the beach, eco-tours, snorkeling, scuba diving, bike and kayak rentals, boat rentals, and even alligator hunting. Donna, our “Red Neck Concierge” manager,will be delighted to help you with all these activities and much more. She knows where the best restaurants are, the freshest shrimp, scallops, crab, grouper, snapper and even where to get a sack of fresh oysters. If you folks thought Three Palms was peaceful, you should try visiting us in the Fall,Winter and Spring.These are my favorite seasons to really enjoy the serenity of this gorgeous area.It is not brutally hot, the bugs aren’t as abundant and it is completely empty around here.There is so much to do at Three Palms that you don’t have to leave the compound.Also we deeply discount Three Palms in the off-seasons and you can the whole compound to yourself. Just because Three Palms sleeps 14 doesn’t mean you can’t visit with much smaller groups.Believe me it is a real treat to have Three Palms all to yourself with your spouse.Have a 2nd honeymoon.The privacy allows for skinny dipping at night and the star gazing at night is to die for. Try a different bed or bedroom every night. You owe it yourself to come on down to Three Palms during the off-season and discover PARADISE!
Michele Hawkins said…Five Stars!!!!! Jul 10, 2013 Great vacation even in the rain ... 181 S Higgins St, Port St Joe, FL, 32456, United States (3478108) Date of Stay June 29, 2013 We cannot say enough great things about Three Palms – We arrived Saturday and met Donna who was very sweet and helpful, Peter was also great about promptly answering any and all questions about the property and area – EXCELLENT customer service. The house was clean, well supplied and kept up. The furnishings were quite nice and comfortable without being too stuffy for a family beach vacation with kids. It has stairs both inside and out which is great for when you come in wet from the pool or beach or if you want to stay dry because it’s raining. The kitchen was well equipped – which was important for us since we are a family that LOVES to cook – the large outdoor charcoal grill was also great when cooking for 14. Also appreciated the two refrigerators – especially the one downstairs that we stocked with drinks and snacks for by the pool. The beach is a very short walk past one house to the beach pathway – and the beach is wonderful. Dolphins, shells, beautiful white sand and very few people. Our dog LOVED getting to play and walk on the beach each day. Really a great dog friendly house and vacation. The pool is also great to have. The neighborhood is a mix of locals, regulars and vacationers but everyone was friendly and accommodating.Our favorite restaurant was the Indian Pass Raw Bar less than 5 minutes away – great oysters and shrimp and such a fun place to hang out and listen to music while you wait for a table. The house is located 20 minutes from Port St Joe where you can get most anything you need – unfortunately the weather did not cooperate with us for a snorkeling trip we had planned but we still had a great time anyway. Two things we learned was that on July 4th the neighborhood has a big moving parade/water fight from the Raw Bar through the neighborhood to the campground – be sure to bring water guns and such because it’s a blast and the locals would love for you to join in. Also though NOT needed (the walk is easy and short) renting a golf cart before you arrive (they book quickly) could also be fun to ride through the neighborhood and for sure to explore the beach. We without a doubt would recommend Three Palms and plan to go back soon – the fact that 8 adults and 6 kids survived 3 days of nonstop rain is a testament to how great the layout of the house is with the great room upstairs for the kids and multiple porches and living areas. Thank you so much Peter, Lydia and Donna! Recommended for: Pet-friendly, Girls Getaway, Sightseeing, Families with Teenagers, Families with Young Children My Response Thanks so much for your kind comments regarding Three Palms! 4th of July is a blast in the neighborhood and folks really get into the festivities. I am so sorry about the rainout of your snorkeling trip. But, like you stated, Three Palms would be a great place to hang during inclement weather. Lots of different places/area to hang out in. The shuffle board and other games are protected by the carport area and even with 14 people you can still find privacy on the HUGE decks for reading or a nap. We pride ourselves on our attention to service we provide for our guests. Our goal is for you to feel that you are the only guests we have and feel “special”. Between my wife, Lydia and I, and Donna and Andy we make sure that we take care of all your vacation needs and promptly provide solutions for any problems or emergencies. We definitely “got your back” at Burns Management. With the end of summer rapidly approaching, I wanted to share some of the features and benefits of renting 3 Palms in the off season. We don’t get many groups of 14 booking. Most folks see that it sleeps 14 and shy away thinking that it is too big for them, too much of house. “What would we do with all that room?” folks respond. Enjoy it, your not the one who has to clean everything, we do. Get lost in the spaciousness and feel like a King or Queen. Your dog has access to one the few true “Pet Friendly Beaches” in the U.S. Your Pet can roam around the two gigantic outside decks with our doggie gate to keep him safe. The Pool area is fenced in and we just installed special mesh on the fence so that even your lap dogs can be secure. This area is a bird watchers mecca. We have actually had folks stay with us whose main focus was the birds. It is extremely peaceful to have a huge compound all to yourself with the biggest decision being which area to hang out in today.There are so many different options about where to hang out next. When I have stayed there by myself I get torn between watching the stars from the 2nd Floor Deck and laying on the couch in the screened porch and just listening to the sounds of Gulf Waves and feeling the Gulf Breezes.I find myself just roaming around the compound and feeling so relaxed and peaceful. We dramatically reduce our weekly rate in the fall, winter and spring. Read all our reviews and come on down!Invite friends and family!! DON’T PASS UP A VERY SPECIAL OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE A ONE OF A KIND VACATION EXPERIENCE WHERE YOU CAN FEEL LIKE ROYALTY.-Peter
Kathy Gilbert said… Jun 19, 2013 Wonderful house for vacation and special occasion 181 S Higgins St, Port St Joe, FL, 32456, United States (3478108) Date of Stay June 8, 2013 Three Palms is a lovely house. It is clean, well maintained and nicely furnished. the kitchen is well supplied and has 2 refrigerators. The porches have great views of the gulf and nice furniture as well. The pool is great with lots of comfortable chairs around it as well. We have a house nearby and rented Three Palms to hold our 25th anniversary celebration and for our guests to stay and it was perfect for our event. The owners are very helpful and did everything they could to make our event go well. Our friends enjoyed the house very much and there was plenty of space for our party. The beach is amazing and why we love Indian Pass so much. Highly recommend Three Palms for a vacation! Recommended for: Age 55+, Pet-friendly, Girls Getaway, Families with Teenagers, Families with Young Children, Romantic Getaway My Response Kathy: Thank You,it was a pleasure to host you, your family and friends. We are so glad you selected Three Palms for your happy celebration!It is a perfect place to host such an event.The reviews that we have had show what a great place Three Palms is especially for large groups. What I wanted to spend some time discussing is how great and cheap Three Palms is in the non-summer time, prime time area. In the summer we are always booked 100% with some folks renting one year in advance. It is very hard to discount because of the HUGE DEMAND.But it the fall, winter and spring Three Palms is often wide open. Some folks shy away from renting because it is such a large compound that sleeps 14. There are aren’t a lot of people that need a house that sleeps 14 in February with work and school vacations. We dramatically discount Three Palms in the off season and the folks that have come whether it is a couple, 4 or 6 people absolutely loved it, Some folks rent it and invite family members to come and visit for a for a few days. My point is just because it is a huge house, doesn’t mean you can’t splurge and come stay with us even if you are a couple. Yes, it is more of a house than you need, but why not treat yourself to a special experience. Sleep in a different room each night, rotate, spread out and live like a king, for the price of a pauper. Walk around the huge expansive surround decks with this whole compound to yourself. Let your dog have the time of his/her life roaming the decks and enjoying one of the few “Pet Friendly” beaches in the whole country! If you are from Canada or”Snow Bird ” area why stay in a tiny condo or 2BDR house when you can “live” it up in a mansion for close to the same price with a pool as well! The rent for summer next year is $3500 per week, we will rent Three Palms for $2,000, $1,800 even $1,500 for a week in the OFF season depending on when and how many people. Live a little, spoil yourself and come enjoy all that area has to offer for a very reasonable price! WE ARE VERY FLEXIBLE! Finally , we have a upgraded/value added feature that includes your very own PRIVATE CONCIERGE who lives 2 miles away. Donna can help with anything.She knows where the best and freshest shrimp are, the restaurants, the fishing guides,golf courses and can even help with bonfires on the beach! We got your back especially if there is an emergency. Check out the reviews and you will see the kind of “special” care and treatment we provide to our guests. – COME ON DOWN!!!!!-Peter
Beach Bonfires Allowed! Tara&Stacie (Broken Arrow, OK) Review submitted: May 15, 2013 Date of arrival: April 27, 2013 We arrived late on Saturday and found three Palms without any trouble. We quickly realized this house has one of the biggest floor plans on the beach. It would easily accommodate three families.. The porches are wide and loaded with comfortable furniture. The pool was wonderful. Lots of chairs and a nice grass area inside its fence for our dog. The bedrooms had the most comfortable mattresses!! All the linens and pillows are of good quality. Everything was very clean. The kitchen was fully stocked with quality pots, pans and utensils. We have rented in the panhandle/ cape san blas area for over twenty years now and found the Three Palms decorations and furnishings in the upscale category. They even had pre-bagged ice for our coolers in one of the two refrigerators. The beach is a short walk from Three Palms down a nearby path. One thing we noticed about this rental is the fragrant smell of flowers and sweet grass all around it. It’s a constant smell that was wonderful. This in my opinion was the best memory. Indian Pass smells terrific! We photographed more birds and wildlife around this house than we have on any of our other Florida vacations. It gives you the feeling you are really in a tropical place. If we wanted to Kayak and explore, the nature preserve is within eyesight from the balconies of Three Palms. We watched as fisherman would Kayak out with their bate, drop it off in the ocean and by the time they came back ashore their reels would be hit and spinning. This area has some huge fish! We rented a pontoon boat in Port St Joe for a really good price and had it for the day to explore and snorkel. St Joseph Peninsula state park is straight across from the marina. It wasn’t hard to find your our way along its white beach coast line and then back across to the marina. Schools of wild dolphins followed us next to the boat off and on all day long. The locals at Indian Pass are very helpful and friendly. And they all encouraged us to come back! Just a beautiful and relaxing getaway! Pictures do not do this property justice, as it is much more beautiful in person. The home and landscape is very well maintained. We enjoyed time on the almost private beach with our dog who had an absolutely wonderful time! This is a place that does not feel like a tourist spot but instead an unspoiled and peaceful piece of heaven on earth. We could not have imagined a more wonderful place to unwind from a stressful year. Thank you Lydia and Peter. Recommended for: adventure seekers, age 55+, families with young children, families with teenagers, girls getaway, pet-friendly, sight seeing, tourists without a car, romantic getaway Owners response: Thanks for your kind and thoughtful review of Three Palms!!! I thought your writing was exceptional and that you captured the “special” ambiance of Three Palms and the neighborhood. The smell of flowers permeates everywhere, the vast amount of birds chirping and there is a very warm/accepting feeling by the residents in this area. In particular, the outside, ground level area really serves as an additional “outdoor” floor or living place. There are 3 sitting areas here: The Pool Area, the protected eating/sitting area outside the pool area by the huge charcoal grill and the sitting area by the shuffle board area and screened in fish cleaning/storage area. With the large vacant lot adjacent to Three Palms, it does have a “jungle” like feeling and deep sense of privacy. We pride ourselves on providing an upscale Vacation Rental experience that separates us from a traditional run down beach house where everything is about making concessions because you are on the beach. We think you can have both!! Beach and upscale comfort.Our cleaning and concierge service is second to none, as we go the extra distance to make sure our guests needs are taken care of. And if there is ever an emergency or immediate problem that needs a solution, our staff has your back and will act quickly to provide a resolution. Three Palms Compound is a huge, multi-level relaxation center. Each of the 5 BDR have a separate/private door to a balcony that allows for “space” and “privacy” with in a large group. You can literally get lost in the compound with all the floors, decks and chairs. Folks could be relaxing sipping on a beverage and looking at the gorgeous vistas of the Gulf of Mexico and never even hear the 6 people in the pool. There are 50 places to sit between the pool, ground floor seating area, the ground floor shuffle board and the two HUGE decks. The screened in deck that opens to the kitchen has a large dining room table area for additional room for your large group. Sometimes folks get apprehensive if they are just a couple or small family because they think that they don’t need such a large compound. However, especially in the off season (non-summer) we will discount the house rental fee. Go ahead and spoil yourself and enjoy a very special home with tons of room in a a absolutely beautiful area. The beach path that is just steps away from the driveway and is a rather wide and easy to navigate. Dog friendly beach. Thanks again!!!
Spring Break 2013 mildred (St Petersburg,fl) Review submitted: April 10, 2013 Date of arrival: March 30, 2013 What can I say we have stayed in vacation homes all over Florida and this is by far the best. Lots of room, ther was 9 of us 5 adults and 4 teenagers and we had plenty of room, view from the top deck is breath taking,furnished well,kitchen is amazing has all the thinks you would need.The location to the beach is perfect and where can you go nowadays and have a fire on the beach at night and best of all for us we could bring our furry litte friend.The house and pool is well maintained and very well managed. We are planning our next stay. Recommended for: adventure seekers, age 55+, families with young children, families with teenagers, girls getaway, pet-friendly, sight seeing, romantic getaway
2012 Review and Excellent Owner Understanding and Cooperation Michael A. Review submitted: April 14, 2013 Date of arrival: March 2, 2013 We did not actually get to enjoy the excellent amenities and relaxation Three Palms offers this year (2013) due to a family medical emergency. I will explain the excellent cooperation and understanding of the owners in this matter later but first I will review our 2012 stay at Three Palms. For my wife’s birthday in March we decided to spend three weeks at the beach and during the three weeks invite several friends and relatives to rotate in and out to celebrate her birthday. For this event we could not have chosen a better place than Three Palms. Three Palms offered plenty of room for the number of guests (12 at any one time) we chose to have at any one time and also offered privacy for several different families. Our deal with each family visiting was each family had to prepare a meal on a rotational basis. The spacious kitchen offered plenty of room to prepare and cook the meals. The large dining area table and kitchen bar seating provided seating for everyone. Of course the screened deck/porch areas and the decks on 2 levels offered other seating options for meal times, social hours or private times. Personally I enjoyed the concrete area on the ground level. I spent a lot of time there enjoying the breeze. With the additional refrigerator on the ground level I did not have to make trips up the stairs to the kitchen for my favorite beverages. The beach was a quick easy walk away where we enjoyed swimming and fishing. Most days on the beach you felt as if it were a private beach because the next nearest people were hundreds of yards away. We all felt very secure in the quiet neighborhood. The neighbors on the one side were very friendly and polite and the empty lot on the other side made a good place for my dogs to explore. I did not feel uncomfortable walking my dogs around the neighborhood late at night. Three Palms was very clean and comfortable. The local property manager, Donna, is very friendly and helpful. She provided us her cell phone and was glad to assist us with any question we might have. Three Palms is a great place to stay in Indian Pass and I am certain you will enjoy your stay. We were forced to cancel our trip this year (Mar 2013) the day before check-in. The owners were not contractually obligated to refund any of our rental money but they worked extremely hard to find families to rent Three Palms the last two weeks of our scheduled stay and refund us a portion of our rental money. Thank You Recommended for: age 55+, families with young children, families with teenagers, pet-friendly Owners response: Thank you so much for your kind remarks! We are so sorry you folks weren’t able to make it to Three Palms this year and hope you can come next year. We will always try to accommodate unexpected changes/emergencies with our guests and do our best to work and provide a solution to those problems. Thank You for your loyalty. Peter B.
Apr 3, 2013 Spacious and comfortable 181 S Higgins St, Port St Joe, FL, 32456, United States (3478108) Date of Stay March 8, 2013 Helpful votes:0/0. We went to three palms on a spur of the moment spring break trip for fishing. Although the weather was somewhat uncooperative, the house is very spacious and close to the beach. The short walk to the beach made our stay very nice. The pool although not heated was nice. The poolside furniture was quite comfortable for reading. The kitchen is well appointed. Cooking was fun. I would recommend this house to large families or multiple families. OWNERS RESPONSE: Susan G. Thanks for your kind comments about your stay at Three Palms. I am so sorry I couldn’t get the weather God’s to co-operate!!!! Three Palms Compound is a great place for a large family or multiple families. The ground floor is basically like having an additional floor of Living Space. We have an array of pool loungers and chairs in the pool area, we have a sitting area just off the pool area that provides shade, and is an excellent area to hang and drink coffee in the A.M. This area catches some of those special Gulf AM breezes that the area in known for. It also is a favorite spot for watching Sunset’s with the breezes and you are protected from burning sun. Right next to the sitting area is a table and chairs to eat or hang out on. It is right next to the gigantic charcoal grill we have that is like one of those you see in a state park. It is over three feet long and can cook all your hamburgers and shrimp or fish at one time. It is HUGE. What makes this whole pool, sitting and eating area so special is that we have a vacant lot right next to us and creates a very private peaceful area. It almost feels like you are in your own little private jungle. Also on the ground floor away from the pool area is another special sitting/recreating area. There is a screened in fish cleaning room, with 2 stainless steel sink and cutting boards and space for storing bikes and gear. There is a sitting area with tables and chairs for watching or resting while participating in our full shuffle board court. The outdoor privacy shower is right next door. This huge area really is an added bonus to all the space Three Palms provides. The carport area has a hose to wash off sand from your feet and your pets feet. This is a very cool area during the hot summer days. The carport area has room for 3-4 cars and driveway is long enough and easy enough to park your boat and easily get in and out to the Indian Pass Boat Ramp exactly 1 mile away for some of the best fishing you will find anywhere!!! By waking out of Driveway , about 25 paces, you will encounter the beach path that will take you down to the beach where you will find a huge beach that is very uncrowded. You can also view pictures and videos on our website to see how long a walk the beach is and the gorgeous vistas from the two surround decks at Three Palms. These unobstructed views from the decks have beautiful views of the Gulf of Mexico, sunset and fantastic star gazing at night. Between the pool , ground level and deck we have over 50 sitting areas. You can be sitting out on the top deck reading or having a beverage and not even notice that there are folks in the pool. Four of the BDR’s have their own bathroom, and a private door that opens to the deck, for privacy sitting outside your room. The GREAT room sleeps 6, with 2 bunk beds, a trundle bed and has a giant TV as well as 2 separate doors that open up to the decks. Some decks (outside eating area) have screened in porches while others are open. These porch areas are VERY comfortable. You can really spread out at the Three Palms compound and yet there are many areas where large groups can congregate together. As a special bonus we have a full refrigerator in the ground level entrance that you can store food in and allows you to get your favorite beverage without having to climb steps to the kitchen refrigerator. Lastly if you encounter any problems or difficulties with house, we have a property manager who lives 3 minutes away who will help provide solutions to anything you may encounter. Hope you folks come back soon!!! Peter B.
Dec 6, 2012 The most relazing week I have had in a long time! 181 S Higgins St, Port St Joe, FL, 32456, United States (3478108) Date of Stay November 10, 2012 My husband, dog and I had a perfect and relaxing week at this gorgeous home! I could not have imagined a more wonderful place to unwind from a stressful year. The place is beautiful, steps from a quiet beach and minutes from the best oysters in the Southeast!
Vesna Plakanis said… Dec 6, 2012 Three Palms was just what the DR. ordered! 181 S Higgins St, Port St Joe, FL, 32456, United States (3478108) Date of Stay November 8, 2012 Such a gorgeous and relaxing getaway! The place is beautifully maintained, quiet and just steps away from an almost private beach! Recommended for: Pet-friendly, Adventure Seekers, Sightseeing, Families with Teenagers, Families with Young Children, Romantic Getaway
Michelle McCarty said… Aug 23, 2012 All Around Awesome 181 S Higgins St, Port St Joe, FL, 32456, United States (3478108) Date of Stay July 21, 2012 Helpful votes:0/0. 3 palms was perfect! We had 7 adults, 5 kids, and 2 dogs and weren’t the least bit crowded. We loved that every bedroom had its own bathroom, which is a luxury you don’t always find. The owners and property manager were very friendly and easy to work with. The beach wasn’t the least bit crowded so it was about as close as most people will ever get to a private beach. We will be back 😀 Recommended for: Pet-friendly, Girls Getaway, Families with Teenagers, Families with Young Children
Incredible family getaway – great for kids cornerstone (bradenton, fl) Review submitted: August 23, 2012 Date of arrival: August 11, 2012 5 OUT OF 5 STAR RATING Wow, what a great place and a great week. Three Palms was absolutely perfect for our large family. At times, we had 12 adults and 6 children visiting with plenty of room, The kids room was a huge hit with the bunk beds, large TV and access to deck. We loved it. Peter was the ultimate host, checking in several times to see if we were enjoying ourselves and even working for hours to help after we locked keys in car – “above and beyond” service across the board. This is the perfect vacation location and home if you are looking to get away from it all and just enjoy the natural beauty of the area for a week. We scalloped nearly every day (and got plenty), fished, bought oysters and shucked them downstairs and beached or boated every day. The downstairs fish cleaning room and the pool/deck were also huge hits for the entire family. The location allowed us to walk to beach in 30 seconds, be at one boat ramp within a mile, the scalloping boat ramp at St. Joe Bay in 10 minutes and 2 miles from the world famous Raw Bar for those times we didn’t feel like cooking. The kitchen was set up fabulously for the majority of the meals we ate in. Plenty of room for lots of cooks and lots of great seating. I loved the fact that every bedroom is a master bedroom with a private bath and deck access and that there were more endless private deck and porch areas. There were so many that we never even used some of them. One night in particular sticks out to me when we walked down to the beach. Away from any light pollution, we were just amazed at the stars and the ability to see distant galaxies. Also the waves were fully of phosphorescence and were glowing green on the shore and in our footprints. I’ll never forget this sight. Boating in the area is excellent as are the beaches – highly recommend launching one day at St. Joe Park and running up to end of Cape. Water is deep and clear and beaches are awesome. One day we spent at the beach right at the house and we did not see a single other person for the entire 3 hours we were there. Oh and our dog absolutely loved it – she ran the beach until she would just collapse at night. Great time and plan to return next year and every year, a new family tradition! Recommended for: adventure seekers, families with young children, families with teenagers, pet-friendly, sight seeing, romantic getaway Owners response: We were so happy that these fine folks found Three Palms as fantastic as we do. This magnificent compound is a GULF VIEW first tier home with gorgeous vistas of the Gulf of Mexico throughout the spacious home. There is one small house (1 story)in front of Three Palms giving basically unobstructed views of the Gulf and even St. Vincent Wild life Island. Let’s face it, most people want a Gulf Front Beach home, I know I prefer them. We feel Three Palms is an excellent alternative, especially with a in-ground pool and a huge beach that is just steps away. In the Cape San Blas/Indian Pass area in Gulf County Florida there are only a few Gulf Front Vacation homes with a pool that sleeps 14 and is Pet friendly. The very few homes that meet this criteria are priced, as you might expect, extremely expensive. These folks seem to have gotten what we try to share and promote with the Three Palms experience. We treat our guests as family and do everything possible to provide a one of kind vacation experience in a one of the most beautiful and peaceful areas in the USA. Once folks get over the fantasy of having a Gulf Front with Pool home they usually realize the tremendous benefits that Three Palms has to offer. Most of our guests are repeat clients that know what kind of experience they are going to have and appreciate all the features of Three Palms and all the area has to offer. If you can’t find or afford a Gulf Front with pool that sleeps 14 and is Pet Friendly with your very own Red Neck Concierge……..please consider Three palms as a “darn close” alternative. I love the Gulf and swim in it every chance I get……But my wife, my daughter, her friends and many people simply don’t like to swim in salt water. Or are worried about Sharks (needlessly), big waves and jelly fish. The pool is the preferred option for swimming (especially for kids). Also in the summer the gulf water temperature is in the 90’s and is far from refreshing, more like a hot bath while the air temperature is close to 100. In the fall and spring many people feel the Gulf water is too cold. The fenced in pool area provides protection from the wind in the spring and fall. At Three Palms you have beautiful views of the gulf, all kinds of “nooks and crannies” to hang out and relax, privacy, loads of room, a huge beach steps away, a wonderful pool area to congregate in, a vacant lot next door and a concierge to assist and help make your stay comfortable, all at an affordable price.Peter B.
Wish I was there right now! Carolyn (Lexington, KY) Review submitted: August 30, 2012 Date of arrival: August 18, 2012 5 OUT OF 5 STAR RATING Sometimes when you book a property online, you keep your fingers crossed and hope it looks as good as the pictures. No worries here…it’s actually nicer! The home is tastefully appointed, clean, and spacious. The walk to the beach was very short and the neighborhood was not crowded, to put it mildly. Many mornings on the beach we would see half a dozen people or less. Being in a beautiful pristine area, sitting on the deck staring at the Gulf, listening to the surf and the gulls, feeling the warm constant breeze, need I say more? Definitely check out the Raw Bar-outrageously good shrimp and oysters. I would recommend this property to family and friends without hesitation. The owners were incredibly accomodating to our requests and Donna the property manager was very nice. Hope to be back soon! Recommended for: age 55+, families with young children, families with teenagers, girls getaway, pet-friendly, romantic getaway
All Around Awesome mac12 (Louisville, KY) Review submitted: August 23, 2012 Date of arrival: July 21, 2012 5 OUT OF 5 STAR RATING 3 palms was perfect! We had 7 adults, 5 kids, and 2 dogs and weren’t the least bit crowded. We loved that every bedroom had its own bathroom, which is a luxury you don’t always find. The owners and property manager were very friendly and easy to work with. The beach wasn’t the least bit crowded so it was about as close as most people will ever get to a private beach. We will be back 😀 Recommended for: families with young children, families with teenagers, girls getaway, pet-friendly
July 2012 soninlaw (Louisville, KY) Review submitted: August 16, 2012 Date of arrival: July 21, 2012 5 OUT OF 5 STAR RATING 7 adults, 5 children (10 and under), and 2 dogs fit very comfortably in this house. With the extra fridge in the ground floor entry, we were able to stock up once and not have to drive back to town. The porches were great for morning coffee and the one rainy day we had. The screen porches were a great place to relax with an adult beverage after the kids went to bed and listen to the frogs. The whole family loved the pool and back patio. The only problem we had was the internet went down (cable modem died) but the management team was very helpful in getting it fixed. The beach is close, clean and not crowded; we saw dolphins a couple times too. Dogs are allowed on the beach which is one reason we chose this area. We had a great time. Recommended for: families with young children, families with teenagers, pet-friendly Owners response: Thanks very much for submitting a review!!!! It is very important that we get feedback from our clients regarding their stay at Three Palms, so that we can continually try to improve their experience and stay there. We found that having a 2nd refrigerator on the ground floor was a BIG plus, not only for storing food, but for clients to not have to go upstairs from the pool area for their favorite beverage. I have many times been lounging by the pool or cooking on our giant charcoal grill, and been so happy to just open the ground floor door and grab a beer. We call Three Palms a compound because there are so may different and varied places to hang out and or congregate with a large group. We have 50 seating places between the pool area, the lounging and eating area just outside the pool area, the shuffle board area and of course, the two gorgeous surround decks that area the favorite of most of our quests. There are plenty of seating options where one can relax and even take a nap, without being disturbed, by other family members. In fact you could have a group of family members in the pool area and be on one of the decks and not even know they are there. Three Palms has many different areas which I call “nook and crannies” to have morning coffee, lunch or dinner, watch the sunset, gaze at the amazing stars or have a beverage and read a book. All of the 5+ bedrooms have a private door to the decks as well for easy access. This all in the context of absolutely gorgeous vistas of the Gulf of Mexico!!! While it is unfortunate that your internet went down, in a way, I am glad you mentioned it because it helps illustrate how we operate our 2 vacation rentals. We pride ourselves on top of the line service for all our clients, with houses that are meticulous maintained. Our staff consists of a manager, cleaning crew, computer/cable maintenance guy and a great handyman team. We like to call our manager a “Redneck Concierge” and she will take care of all your needs. We can’t promise that there won’t be a problem or that something won’t break. BUT we can promise that we will immediately spring into action to resolve that problem, no matter what the issue is. This also includes medical emergencies and or pet problems. The neighborhood and beach is very remote and quiet. This is one of the very FEW pet friendly beaches in the Country. Please come back!!!! Peter-Co-Owner
Great Family time at Indian Pass del (ellijay, georgia) Review submitted: August 3, 2012 Date of arrival: July 14, 2012 5 out of 5 STAR RATING We hosted our children and grandchildren who live in multiple states for a week of family fun. We could not have found a better place than Three Palms! The home is awesome and the property managment team could best be described as “hosts” who helped with every request. We enjoyed the beach, pool and a wonderful kitchen layout for preparing large meals.This was our third visit to Three Palms and we plan to return. Recommended for: families with young children, families with teenagers, pet-friendly Owners response: Thanks very much folks!!!!! Three Palms is perfect for large family gatherings. It allows for intimacy and privacy, while at the same time allows for tremendous large group interactions. With the two huge surround decks and over 50 seating areas, there are tons of “nook and crannies” to share different activities. While Three Palms is not a “gulf front” it offers many of the same benefits with gorgeous vistas of the Gulf of Mexico and the benefits of having a private pool which the non-adults will particular enjoy. Thank you very much for your kind comments about the “hosts” our manager, and her team do a great job of taking good care of our visitors. We refer to her as our “red neck concierge” who will help renters with anything. We look forward to your next visit!!!!! Thanks-Peter B.
Three Palms was unbelievable! Derek and Shannon (Indiana, US) Review submitted: June 21, 2011 Date of arrival: May 7, 2011 5 OUT OF 5 STAR RATING This was our first trip to this area. It was the most perfect, unbelievable trip that we have been on! Peter and Lydia were so nice to deal with and so helpful. Donna, the property manager is the nicest person and takes care of all your needs. We can’t say enough about the beautiful home and the location on such a private beach. You have so much privacy on the beach and at the home. It truly is just a few steps to the beach! We didn’t want to leave and already can’t wait to get back yet this year. The descriptions on the web site are 100% accurate. Thank you, Peter and Lydia Derek and Shannon Recommended for: adventure seekers, age 55+, families with young children, families with teenagers, girls getaway, pet-friendly, sight seeing, tourists without a car, romantic getaway.
House for a Relaxing Vacation 5 OUT OF 5 STAR RATING kcris004 (Indianapolis, IN) Review submitted: April 8, 2011 Date of arrival: March 5, 2011 This house was perfect for our vacation! I went with a large group (14 people) for our spring break, and the house accommodated us very well. There were plenty of bedrooms and bathrooms as well as ample space for eating and food storage. The pool provided a good hangout as a shelter from the early March wind.. it was big enough for everyone and was in the sun for almost the entire day. Also, the beach is within view of the house and just a short walk away. The views of the Gulf were beautiful and the beach was peaceful and undisturbed. Actually, we were virtually the only vacationers on the beach.. and we had bonfires almost every night! We also saw 3 dolphins swimming about 15 feet away from us!! Aside from the house, all of the locals are very friendly. They told us about all of the ‘hot spots’ around Indian Pass. Most night, our group chose to go to the raw bar.. great food and awesome beer specials! Overall, our group LOVED this destination because it housed our big group comfortably, was away from the typical ‘tourist’ scene, had beautiful beaches, and was surrounded by a cool, local atmosphere! We cant wait to come back.. we’re already planning our next trip! Recommended for: adventure seekers, age 55+, families with young children, families with teenagers, girls getaway, pet-friendly, sight seeing.
Three Palms 01Expo (Radford) Review submitted: April 7, 2011 Date of arrival: March 5, 2011 5 OUT OF 5 STAR RATING We had a great spring break here. Plenty of space for the 14 people we had stay in the house. It was a very quiet stay with very friendly neighbors. At this time of the year the beach was a little cold and breezy to lay out on (but not for bonfires) but the pool area stayed warm with the fence blocking wind. We used the grill almost every night to cook the fresh seafood we got from Apalachicola at the 13 Mile. The Indian Pass Raw Bar was by far the best place to go eat near Indian Pass. Donna (property manager) was great to deal with and gave us all types of extras and the owners (Peter and Lydia) were great to rent to a bunch of college students when no one else near the area would and they were very friendly and trusting. Couldn’t have had a better spring break. We are definitely planning on coming back in the future.
Best multi or single family rental in the area Scrooj (Neenah, Wisconsin USA) Review submitted: April 6, 2011 Date of arrival: March 19, 2011 5 OUT OF 5 STAR RATING We have been coming to 3 Palms almost every ear since 2006. This is a beautiful well maintained home which can fit a single family or a whole clan. The house is laid out well with the majority of bedrooms and entertainment/ kids quarters located on the 3rd floor. The Kitchen, dining and family room are on the second floor with sufficient room to have 2 extra bathrooms and the laundry. Each main bedroom has its own bathroom and shower! Noise between the levels never seems to be an issue, probably because of the good construction. Of course the walk out decks on each floor with screened in areas ad to the charm and view of the ocean. Most impressive for us is that with a larger group there are private places for everyone and yet gathering places large enough for the whole clan. Even though they permit pets, you do not see abnormal wear from those 4 legged visitors which we attribute to the upkeep and the fact that they have good tenants who take care of the house. The pool are doubles as a fenced in yard for your pets which to us is that extra bonus which makes it so much more like home. The house sits in a quiet neighborhood with wonderful neighbors. The dunes and beach are just steps away. The beach is one of the most perfect in the Florida area and is pet friendly. We saw no evidence of last year’s oil spill, and in fact in the past there has been some evidence of oil like you find everywhere in the gulf, but with the clean up last year we found none, so it was actually better then before the spill. Come and enjoy the stay, jsut do not try to reserve our week because we will be back again and again! Recommended for: age 55+, families with young children, families with teenagers, girls getaway, pet-friendly
Great Family Vacation millicmb (Nashville, TN) Review submitted: September 1, 2010 Date of arrival: July 31, 2010 5 OUT OF 5 STAR RATING We had a wonderful family vacation here. With 8 adults and two children under 3, it was perfect. The pool was probably the best part of the property. The beach is just a second away, and the bay is close too. Indian Pass is tucked away, so make sure to make a big grocery trip since the stores are about 15-20 minutes away. Go to Indian Pass Raw bar the first night you are there; we went on the last night and wish we would have gone earlier because it was so good and so much fun. For the price in the gulf with a pool, this is the vacation property for big groups! Recommended for: age 55+, families with young children, girls getaway, sight seeing
Spectacular week at Three Palms Review submitted: August 30, 2010 Date of arrival: July 3, 2010 5 OUT OF 5 STAR RATING Hi Lydia & Peter; Our stay at 3 Palms (July 3 -10) was nothing short of spectacular. Initially, we made plans to share the house with close family. As the date of our vacation grew closer, family members kept dropping out. We’d replace them with friends. Just days before leaving, the last of our family members dropped out. Luckily one long time friend whom I used to work with swore he, his wife and two daughters would be there, hell or high water, if at least for a few days. The house worked out great for our party of 8, with rooms showers to spare. Most our dining was in the house, and made sure we stocked up at the Pig when possible. Unfortunately it seems each time we planned a meal at the Raw Bar, they were closed. Maybe next time. We bought a new boat before making our trip, a decision that is not at all regrettable. The myriad of boating destinations to choose from are mind boggling. Our most memorable trip, we launched at the Saint Joe Bay Marina. From there we went out to the Western tip of Cape San Blas & had a picnic on the beach. We packed up from there and headed up the intracoastal canal. Making our Way East to Lake Wimico, we realized that would have been the perfect spot for Skiing or Tubing. Going on, we exited the Intracoastal Canal at East Bay and headed for West Pass (South side of Saint Vincent Island). The channels are tricky here, talk to some locals for sure before heading out. Our plan was to tie up at the Indian Pass boat launch and then retrieve the tow vehicle from the Saint Joe Marina. The beach is unique. I highly recommend bringing an ATV to explore it to the fullest! Also a Kayak or two would be highly recommended, as many of the fishing grounds are fairly shallow and possibly more enjoyable at a slow pace. Several fishing charters were out and about, and we saw many species caught. Our vacation started with a few days of rain, which allowed us to stock up on groceries and a few other things to prep the boat. Without those few days of rain, we’d have panicked to take advantage of each day, likely regretting the fact we’d not done enough shopping to stay put. Of the four children, they’ve vowed to return next 4th of July Holliday, and each and every thereafter. The grown ups are inclined to agree!
A week at Three Palms Becky the Shagger (Columbia, SC) Review submitted: May 30, 2010 Date of arrival: May 1, 2010 5 OUT OF 5 STAR RATING A pleasant place to relax and enjoy being away from the daily grind. Ideal for family gatherings and a bit too large for our small group. If you enjoy the beach with few others around, then this is for you. Some would prefer to be a little further west at the actual Cape San Blas beach. If you are an outdoors person, great place to bring a boat including a canoe or kayak. If you have trouble negotiating stairs, then this is not for you. Good mexican restaurant in downtown St. Joe and good margaritas at the marina in St. Joe if you don’t mind plastic cups. Don’t miss a trip to St. Joe State Park. Great place to visit and enjoy a picnic. Great place for dogs to enjoy the fenced in back yard and the beach. Our two were loving it! Recommended for: families with young children, families with teenagers, pet-friendly
Winter in Paradise Review submitted: March 14, 2010 Date of arrival: January 1, 2010 5 OUT OF 5 STAR RATING Peter & Lydia, Thanks so much for allowing us to stay at your wonderful home. We had a great time and the tips and info from you and Donna were great. We loved the close proximity to the beach. The kids especially loved the large “kids” room with the toys, bunk beds and huge tv. It was so nice to be able to see and hear the Gulf from the house. The decks were great for sitting and reading in the January sun. We also enjoyed the occcasional breakfast out there when we weren’t in a hurry to get moving. The pool out back was amazing and we liked the fact it was fenced in. Although we didn’t think to bring our fishing poles, we did eat lots of local seafood and cooked some that we bought, on the grill, that was convieniently located near the pool and patio. We really enjoyed the hiking and biking we were able to do also. Thanks, Peter for the great tips on where the best biking and resturants were. On the trip home we were already contemplating next years vacation plans and all agreed that Port St. Joe and Indian Pass were on the list to visit. Thanks again, the Abares the Abare family, Vermont
5 out of 5 STAR RATING We stayed at Three Palms in June 2009 and again in June 2010. 14 of us, all ages, grandparents to toddlers, and we had a great time. The house is well equipped and designed to handle a large group easily and allows us (grandma & grandpa) to have privacy as needed. I would recommend the house and area to anyone who wants a relaxing, non-hectic time at the beach. Owner (Lydia) and local property manager (Donna) super easy to work with. We love it and will visit again. Cheri & Jim Denton, Lawrenceville, GA
4/26/2010 10:45:57 AM 5 out of 5 STAR RATING what an amazing property! This home is spacious and relaxing. Everything from the Kitchen to the bathrooms was perfect. Screened porches make it perfect for outdoor eating and gathering. We would recommend this property and this area if you want a great beach experience. Tad & Colene, Memphis, TN Homeowner Response: Tad and Colene, Thank you very much for your comments. It was a pleasure.
3/13/2010 3:00:13 PM 5 out of 5 STAR RATING We had a great time in this house! It occupied 12 guests very comfortably and the kitchen was large enough for multiple people to cook at once. The location is great too, the Indian Pass Raw Bar is just a two minute drive down the road with it’s great seafood selection and we were almost equal distance from both towns of Port St Joe and Apalachacola. The beach is very nice and just a one minute walk from the house! I would definately go back to Three Palms!